Re: An update...

Daniel, don't stop. But we got to get more input on what you think you want.
Right now it's a bit much a railroad. And also more of a combat campaign/boardgame than a player and economic campaign.
I could easily see resources, commodities and marketplace added to spice up why you fight over a specific system.

Erik M wrote:

Daniel, don't stop. But we got to get more input on what you think you want.

On the contrary, I need more input on what YOU want... I need someone other than Peter to test the game and tell me what works and what doesn't. I have every intention on expanding the game, but I'm not going to start adding stuff to a core that is broken...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Ok. Here's some possible food for thought:

* How is it that you get income for other bases in a system?

* Movement is probably not linear in space.

* With a straight income base there's no real reason to fight over a system. A system must be more than a place to have a base and an army. Energy, resources and factories being three easy to mix and match things to spice it up.

* Assault ships to carry armies. Worth ½ in space and ½ at planet fall.

* Diplomacy, the strict and unforgiving type.

Ok folks, got to help out here... Anyone got a TSS 2nd to sell me?

So, now I got a copy.
It tells me how to use Starmada and Twilight Imperium together. Seem to have the same trouble original Mighty Empires have; ie you can't mix step wise movement/battle with tabletop. It would take forever. Or was that VBAM?

Anyhow...
Warp movement, separate movement and battle phases.
Strategic cards would be fun I think. And some sort of really good reasons why you want a specific system (Ad Astra works as an input).

So howsit going Daniel? Progress?