Re: Iron Stars Models

And in the "you can't please all the people" category: this is from the TMP discussion on Iron Stars BBs:

---
This are ugly PERIOD
---

Huh. hmm

Dan

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

what can you do? :roll:

I guess people are entitled to opinions but something constructive would be nice

Steve

Eh, it's best not to be too thin-skinned about TMP posts.  The message boards there have become less and less civil over the last few years, and some people just enjoy busting on anything new that comes along.

OTOH, maybe they just didn't like them.  As you said, you can't please everyone.  So far I haven't heard any complaints from the Iron Stars crowd, and those are the people who really matter anyway.  I certainly like everything I've seen so far.

So, when are you taking orders?  smile

Rich

"These are ugly PERIOD" just means you've made an impression. They'll argue, people will notice the controversy and check 'em out, get seduced, and buy.

But with the first comment on Defiance being essentially "I don't think it can be THAT statistically balanced; I choose to disregard both my own inexperience with statistics and the fact that I can try it and see for zero cash outlay, and instead say: SIF N00B! OLOLOL!"

Maybe, considering how the overall level of debate seems to be, you need to reply to the accusation of ugliness with:

"sif! IS modelz R teh 1337! tey 0\/\/nZ0r joo @ss !!1!!!11!"

"sif! IS modelz R teh 1337! tey 0\/\/nZ0r joo @ss !!1!!!11!"

Now that's what i mean - constructive comment all can understand  lol

I do think TMP has a problem with the vocal negative guys. Also thread hijackers. Freedom is freedom, but I do wonder how many company sock puppets there are...

Anyway, the models/starter pack will all be available early next week on the website Rich

steve

<Mister Burns voice>  Excellent...  smile