Topic: ME 410 Question

Just curious about the BL/BR arcs for the barbette mounted 13mm MGs on the ME-410.  According to my books, these guns could move through an arc of 70 degrees in elevation, each could move up to 40 degrees in azimuth independent of the other, and they could be fired together on a target that was close to directly to the rear.  This would seem to make them more like FR weapons, or perhaps RT, than BL/BR.  40 degrees each way is only slightly wider than the 60 degree FR arc.  Of course, none of the SF arcs are going to match precisely, but the forward firing capability of BL/BR seems to give them a bit much freedom.  Was the main consideration in choosing BL/BR for the two weapons to be independent?

Doug

Re: ME 410 Question

elsyr wrote:

Of course, none of the SF arcs are going to match precisely, but the forward firing capability of BL/BR seems to give them a bit much freedom.  Was the main consideration in choosing BL/BR for the two weapons to be independent?

The main consideration was that my data merely said "one in each of the barbettes on the side of the fuselage". I took that to mean BL/BR... but if you wanted to combine them into a single FT weapon, the point cost would be unaffected.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Well ... I'm kind of tempted to leave them the way they are - it's more versatile.   :wink:  But if RT would be the same point value, that would probably be more accurate.  Actually, FR would probably be closest.

Doug

elsyr wrote:

Well ... I'm kind of tempted to leave them the way they are - it's more versatile.   :wink:  But if RT would be the same point value, that would probably be more accurate.  Actually, FR would probably be closest.

Er... what's "FR"? smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

oops - RF