Re: New points system for your perusal

ha ha

okay, your point is taken. Can I come over and play monopoly too?

How would you change the points system (or, gasp, does it work now as it stands?)

Can I come over and play monopoly too?

Of course you can, when you came to Rome give me a call.  :wink:

How would you change the points system (or, gasp, does it work now as it stands?)

As I said I'll fix the cap at 1 dice, 2 dice is a choice too easy to make.

The things I'll change is not the point system, or at least I haven't the knowledge to do so (as I understand there is some rules change that will influence point cost), but I'll change how commanding units act in the battlefield.

Actually they are a strange things of elements, I think at them as the guy who command and bodyguards. With a couple of wound since the death of them is a bad things, usually with high defense and some attack, but there's no hurry to get them into the fray since they are so valuable...
So what we have? A unit of one element, with good stats but without a real combat influence...

I'd like a more abstact command units, maybe with no stats at all but command dice, and point cost related only for this.

So you'll learn to ask  lol

jimbeau wrote:

ha ha

okay, your point is taken. Can I come over and play monopoly too?

Aside from some of the ability cost changes suggested by someone else a good while back I have no complaints about the point system.

Sorry, I don't know what baility is...

jimbeau wrote:

Sorry, I don't know what baility is...

Ah, that should be ability.

jimbeau wrote:

[size=200]Command[/size] *** Significant change here ***
Command Values will be determined as a force multipler instead of being tracked on an individual level. i.e. the commnder's point value is calculated normally, then the multiplier is applied to the force as a whole.
[size=134]Force Multiplier[/size]
Sum of all CmdPointValues / QtyUnits
CmdPointValue
CmdRange * CmdMultipler * QtyCmdDice
CmdMultipler
   d4   2.1
   d6   2.8   
   d8   3.4   
  d10   4.0
  d12   4.5   
CmdMultiplier is figured by taking the square root of the Maximum average number of commands possible times the Minimum average possible.
i.e.
d4 = (2.5 * 1.8 )^.5
d6 = (3.5 * 2.2 )^.5
d8 = (4.5 * 2.5 )^.5
d10 = (5.5 * 2.8 )^.5
d12 = (6.5 * 3.1 )^.5
QtyUnits
The number of units (including personalities) in the force

Until you can prove to me mathematically that the above is necessary...
No comment.
:wink:
Kevin

I can't prove anything necessary. I can only say what I want.

I want commanders to have an effect on the entire force.

Obviously the above formula doesn't do that. And I'm not entirely happy with the "One large product" aspect of the formula either.

<sigh> Back to the drawing board.

How's about we give each troop type a number of "spaces" they can fill a-la-Starmada?

i.e.
Infantry 100
Cavalry 300
Monsters 200 * size

Add in a SU cost for each power or die type and see where that takes us?

More on this later...I have to go to church now

jimbeau wrote:

How's about we give each troop type a number of "spaces" they can fill a-la-Starmada?

i.e.
Infantry 100
Cavalry 300
Monsters 200 * size

Add in a SU cost for each power or die type and see where that takes us?

We talked about that once before.
Not sure I am in favor of that direction.

Overall, what we have works. It is just the leadership costing that throws it...

Oh, I had a thought on a change for the Rabble ability (or a new one) in the new version - does not have the 1 free command point for the unit.

I think that's true, but THere is still a very wide range between the piddly unit, the medioum unit and the super tough unit.

oh well, I return to cogitate.

Rabble must, therefore, always take command points in order to make them do anything.

might work.

Made a minor change.

I think it's about ready.
(see the top message changes in BLUE)

http://mj12games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1089&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I like these a lot! Is there a spreadsheet that incorporates these costs -- particularly the values for the single-die (1d4, 1d6, etc.) values for melee and ranged attack dice?

yes, I will forward it to you...if I find it smile