Topic: 1/72 -20mm, what scale to use??

I am thinking of using 1/72 scale moder or WWII minis to play with, and was wondering what scale to use, the 25-28mm scale or 15mm and under, both are in the book and was wondering which would work best, and any thoughts people had on using them...

there is a LARGE variety of infantry and vees available and most are cheap(a great consideration considering the cost of plastic minis versus metal,though I do like metal)..

also, I see there are some ultra-modern/modern weapons conversions in the book, are there anymore out there that those guys used when comming up with the ultra-modern rules?  just wondering..

thnx

-Franz

Re: 1/72 -20mm, what scale to use??

I am thinking of using 1/72 scale moder or WWII minis to play with, and was wondering what scale to use, the 25-28mm scale or 15mm and under, both are in the book and was wondering which would work best, and any thoughts people had on using them...

I would say it depends primarily on the size of the figure base.  If it's closer to 25mm, I'd use the 25mm scale rules, if it's closer to 15mm, I'd use that scale.

-Demian

I would also consider how much space you have to play in. 15MM would compress the needed tabletop area somewhat wouldn't it?

Ok I have played with 1/72 1/76 scale figures. and this is how we played them- we used 15mm rules but when it came to measurement we took the 25/28mm measurement and divieded it in half. That is very clost to the Defiance way.
I have a ton of 1/72 US troops I am willing to sell if you are interested.

PM'd lol

thnx for the advice and help everyone...

8)
-Franz