Topic: first try for ship conversions

hey guys,
i'm new to this and bought the new grand fleets 3.
there aren't much german ships for ww 2 so i tried to convert more ships.
my first test is the Bismarck and after many hours i have the first version ready, but have to organise the excel better.
Could somebody take a look and tell me the mistakes? i think the long range and the victory points are the biggest problem for me. i'm german so it wasn't easy to understand all of it.
thanks
stephan

Re: first try for ship conversions

Armor, Speed, and Hull Boxes are all correct.

Main battery F/A mods should be (-2/-2), range should be 8-15-30*, AP should be 5; attack dice are correct. The problem with range and AP appears to be you didn't double the angle of elevation (L) when computing R(e)=V^2*sin(2*L)/96.5. I'm not sure why the F/A mods are incorrect; you've inputted the proper values for G(b) and G(a).

Secondary F/A mods should be -2/-2, range should be 4-8-16*, AP should be 2-; attack dice are correct, or would be if there were 12 guns firing into the broadside. My sources say only 6 could do so. Again, the issue is that you didn't double the angle of elevation (L).

Similar concerns with the tertiaries.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Ah ok, thanks a lot.

Yeah had problems with the sinus in excel, later i found a formula for it... so i forget doubling the angle.
You are right, only six. i thought you mean all guns which could generally fire to broadside and not only to one side.

Well, now i have to correct 53 shipdatacards   :shock:

one mor question for victory points...
how do i know how many dice, forward/after, i have to take for calculating the ORAT?
Always dividing the broadside dice with three like in the example Iron Duke?
Thanks
Stephan

It depends upon the F/A modifiers you computed. In the case of Bismarck, your F/A mods should be (-2/-2), meaning you use the value two steps to the right.

The main battery attack dice are 21-15-11-8-5-4-3. Speed is 6; Range is 30. So, the ORAT computation would be (6+30)*2^(5/3)*((21*3)+11+11)/20=485.7.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com