Topic: Rant Mode...ON!!!!

Sorry for the rant. I've not had a great year (March to May being particularly difficult) and thought I should get something I haven't yet got for Christmas. Unfortunately, that didn't really work out... neutral

Re: Rant Mode...ON!!!!

That's the purpose of a friendly online discussion forum, after all!  I hope the shipping woes got worked out - it seems the Royal Mail is no less problem-ridden than our good old Postal Service here in the US of A.  Happy designing - I'll be seeing you a lot on the forums in the future, I hope.

Incidentally, is the Royal Mail shittier in some areas of the UK than others - like how in the US, urban mail service can encounter serious problems with dense apartments and rural mail service sometimes has a hard time accessing ranches & such?

Usually it's fairly good, although the quality does, of course, vary across the UK, but generally speaking, aside from a couple of horror stories (like the time I ordered SAE: Romulan Armada from ADB, when it failed to turn up at all and I had to ask Dan for help, or the time I wasn't in for a delivery of B5Wars books and they couldn't fit it through the postbox so they simply took it back...with a torn envelope and during one of the heaviest rains of that year--my copy of Coming of the Shadows was badly rain damaged but luckily not beyond reading comprehension) they are fairly good round here. It usually takes two weeks for deliveries from the US to here (which is why I started being on the lookout from round the 10th).

Hopefully it'll be through the door on Tuesday and I can start converting my old IS designs and maybe provide some expansion for the Dreadnoughts book (got my PDFs of Brassey's Naval Annual ready)

Update: seems like my anger should be directed at the POD system, not the Royal Mail. One of the books ordered was re-classified as inactive and, because of that, the order hasn't been sent out yet. So, umm, sorry Royal Mail  :shock:

And now I've got my (belated) Christmas present. Yippee big_smile