Topic: Army Generatio Program

So I have been wanting to play Defiance a bit more but I want to make my own army. Has anyone developed a army generator for the new rules?

Jonathan

Re: Army Generatio Program

So I have been wanting to play Defiance a bit more but I want to make my own army. Has anyone developed a army generator for the new rules?

If you mean a computerized version, someone's working hard on it right now.  If you mean a hard copy, then the Defiance rulebook and a calculator are all you need.

-Demian

Meanwhile, if you're working with the PDF, opening it in firefox and then copying the URL (file location) to multiple tabs makes it much easier to work with, as you can quickly hop between your most-used reference points.

Has anyone done a relatively simple (!) spreadsheet for this then? I admit to being spoilt by Dan and Starmada...

Ur of Persia

Has anyone done a relatively simple (!) spreadsheet for this then?

Someone's working on one right now.  I'll update the forum as it reaches fruition.

-Demian

Ur of Persia wrote:

Has anyone done a relatively simple (!) spreadsheet for this then?

I telll ya, with the nature and breadth of the USS army customizer, "simple" did not enter into the picture!  And while it isn't quite done yet, I think Demian's going to post the current "beta" version for players to poke around with while we drive on with finishing the rest of it.

I think the best way to handle this would be to ask anyone lurking here if they would be willing to use the beta version of the computerized Customizer to try and build an army list of their choice. 

If this sounds like you, please pm me with an e-mail address where I can send you the current version.  Since jav is writing it, it's best if we continue to post comments on the forum.  I'll make a separate thread entitled "Beta Customizer" for them (in the Defiance forum).

-Demian