Topic: A new problem with the forum

I am I the only one that all folders that have a "new" icon go away after going to the first folder that is marked new and then go back to the index.

The other forum that I go to that uses this format does not do this.  Is their a preferance some where that I need to change?

Re: A new problem with the forum

Well I DO know that, no matter what, the new posts since last visit function doesnt bring up any new posts for me.

I use firefox and when I look at the topic list I open a new "Tab" (try tabbed browsing, it rocks) for each category that interests me that has a new posts, then a new tab for each thread I'm interested in with new posts.  I then systematically read each new tab, responding if needed.

When I'm done with a topic, I just close the tab. 

Doing it this way, I only need to view the index once, so the new messages disappearing on me isn't a problem.

Firefox is D/L-able from www.mozilla.org.

It will have the side-effect of making your computer less vulnerable to browser-related security risks because they generally rely on internet explorer's ActiveX or other script-executing code.

--Flak

spencercl wrote:

I am I the only one that all folders that have a "new" icon go away after going to the first folder that is marked new and then go back to the index.

I'm sorry ... but I'm unable to recreate this problem (using Netscape 7.x) nor do I know what might be causing it. sad

Dan

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com