Topic: Starmada: Brigade

(Posted over on Facebook yesterday...)

Starships inbound!

We are thrilled to announce that, in partnership with Brigade Models, Majestic Twelve Games will be publishing a series of books incorporating their excellent line of starship miniatures into the Unity game system.

Volume One, due out in January 2019, will include 60 ships from the British Royal Navy, the European Federation, the Indonesian Commonwealth, the Pacific Federation, the Neo-Soviets, and the alien Yenpalo.

(Cover art subject to change.)

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Starmada: Brigade

*grumbles*

My wallet ain't happy with you Mr Kast...:D

Speaking of wallets have you decided on the price of the Brigade and Full Thrust supplements, Daniel?

I should be able to give more details after the first of the year.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Oh, hey, this is really exciting!

I am sure the copy is mostly settled, but I'd love it if it included a bit of the background and worldbuilding from the Iron Cow universe the ships are based on.  Iron Cow itself is long out of print and unsupported, but the fictional background helps to give this set of models a sense of greater grounding.

I hope we get more background material than what Iron Cow gave us to be honest.

Any news on this?  I'll jump at the chance to buy this PDF once it comes out for the fun background info, ideas pictures, etc alone!  Plus, MJ12 and Brigade are two of my favorite tiny companies to support wherever I can...

This is still in the queue of things to work on when the day job lets up... hmm

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I know you've had great success with the excellent Starfleet Battles range of books, and I'm sure they are taking up a lot of effort (understandably!) but is there any movement on this?  The British and Russian ranges from Brigade are great, and their recent updates to the Chinese fleet really took those miniatures up a notch.  It'd be great fun to get some more fictional background narrative and tactical details for them.

I'm totally looking forward to this whenever it does arrive (I'm patient!), especially if it follows the same high quality standards I'm seeing in the Full Thrust book.

My intention is to work on this next. But intentions are fickle things...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Fickle or not, I'll take it!  Thanks for the update!  In the meantime, definitely enjoying the innovations in Full Thrust like bulkheads.

How's the status of this looking? I'm sure it'll be an excellent project, and "done when it's done" is a perfectly acceptable resonse! Whenever it does come out I'll be first in line - I just want to have a little note about when to go looking, since I don't visit my gaming PDF sites as often as I used to these days.

Any word on the potential for this expansion book?  Perfectly OK if it's still in the idea stage and could be a year or more away, just curious if it is still on the MJ12 Games potential to do list.

It is still on the list.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Awesome.  Thanks for all the great work you do to keep Starmada current and interesting!

I just wanted to show my support for this supplement so you know at least a few people are excited for it!

I was pfaffing about with conversions from Starmada X: Brigade myself but I stopped when the book was announced as I didn't want to step on the product.  Would you be interested in what I've got so far?

I'm glad to see that this is still on the agenda. I've been meaning to get brigade minis for quite sometime.

Looking forward to this - My attempts to convert the Inflexible battlecruiser from Starmada X: Brigade to Unity using Drydock2.2 resulted in taking it up from Hull size 10 to 25 just to accommodate the final 2 items - Long Range Sensors (278 space units) and Countermeasures (252 space units)!?!?!?!

Now to figure out what I did wrong.....

It's been about a year or so since I last checked in.  Is the Brigade project still under active consideration?  They've been doing some great minis recently and remastering some old ones.  I'd love to see the universe and background expanded a little and the ships given some clearer roles in a fleet book.

22 (edited by BroAdso2017 2023-07-01 19:29:16)

The news about the potential for a collaboration with Brigade came out about three and a half or four years ago now - is the project still on a back burner, or is it thoroughly locked down in cold storage?

Back burner, but the pilot light is lit...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com