Topic: Good for 15mm?

1st post here. I've been considering buying and using Defiance for a while now and I have 2 questions. How well do the rules work for 15mm miniatures? I have a bunch of 15 mm SF infantry and hovertanks laying around (bought them solely for the high cool factor) and I like Starmada a lot so Defiance might be the way to go. I've ruled out the GZG SF rules even though they're free. If they do work without me having to use a fan-made conversion (I'm hoping it would be a simple matter of using different ranges and movement distances) how would 15mm models be based? As a squad with several models to a stand or individual bases for each soldier?

Please tell me what I want to hear so I can dive into Defiance  smile

Re: Good for 15mm?

Well, Starmada and Defiance are very different animals, first up. Just so you know! They both provide an amazing ability to customise troops and weapons, though.

Second, Defiance is specifically designed for 15mm. 15mm uses individually based infantry and vehicles. In fact, it's pretty much standard 28mm Defiance with different measurement units.

Also- g'day, and welcome to the boards!

smokingwreckage wrote:

Well, Starmada and Defiance are very different animals, first up. Just so you know! They both provide an amazing ability to customise troops and weapons, though.

Second, Defiance is specifically designed for 15mm. 15mm uses individually based infantry and vehicles. In fact, it's pretty much standard 28mm Defiance with different measurement units.

Also- g'day, and welcome to the boards!

Thanks. If the unit-building rules are half as good as they are in Starmada Defiance will be an excellent game. Good to hear the game will work with my 15s.

Happy New Year!

Yes, Defiance works great with 15mm, probably better than with 28mm in terms of figure to ground scale strategic realism.