Topic: Stinger launch limits

I never played Hydrans in FC or SFB, as the implementation of fighters (or "attack shuttles") in those game systems was just too unwieldy for my taste. Starmada is a different story. Now, I had assumed that Stingers were supposed to follow the standard Starmada launch limits. This would mean, for example, that a Ranger CA could launch at most three Stingers per turn, and recover two. Today, however, I was reading over the rules for Stingers in FC, and I noticed the following in section 5Q1b of the Federation Commander Reference Rulebook:

While most ships can launch or land only one shuttle per impulse, Hydrans can launch any or all of their Stingers (plus one shuttlecraft) on a given impulse (but can only land one shuttle or Stinger per impulse). This is because “launch tubes” are used to launch the Stingers, which must then land through the shuttle hatch normally.

What does this mean for Starmada? Can a Hydran ship launch all of its Stingers at once, only followijng the hull size-based limits for recovery, or should we just ignore this and use the standard Starmada launch limits?

Re: Stinger launch limits

The intent is to follow the standard Starmada launch limits.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com