Topic: Unity Battleships

Hello! I hope everyone is well in these strange times.

With all this extra time on my hands, my thoughts keep drifting to Unity Battleships. Figured I'd drop in to ask if there were any projections for its release.

Stay safe!

Re: Unity Battleships

I have it on my desk right now. I hope to get it to ADB within a couple of weeks.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Fantastic news! Thanks for all your efforts.

Is this still in progress? Haven't heard anything about it over at ADB.

It is. Steve asked me about it last week, and I just haven't gotten it fully finished. I know... slacking off. But the weird irony of the COVID lockdown is that it's not actually resulting in more free time. sad

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

No worries! I was simply doing the rounds on various kickstarters and whatnot, and realized I hadn't thought about this book in a while. To be honest, I'm even more excited about where things go post-Battleships - but one thing at a time!

After Battleships Armada will be (eventually) War and Peace, which will include Andromedans, the ISC (Interstellar Concordium), and the Vudar.

Hey all! Any update on the timeline for Unity Battleships and/or War & Peace? A few friends and I are about to buy-in with minis and such (as well as finish converting our playgroup from FC to Starmada), just bought all the Unity rulebooks (including the base Starmada one) on DriveThru). I use Vudar and another player uses Andromedans...curious if I need to start fudging ship designs based on FC stats in the meantime or whether we should hold out for the official rulebook? Thanks!

Turned in the files to ADB! Battleships Armada should be out in a matter of weeks. Here's a list of the SDSs in the book:

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Some Errata I've noticed in the ships:

Klingon B9 - the port nacelle was cropped off
Klingon B5 - Ditto
Romulan King Condor - Plasma-S should be 2x LP, 2x RP, Plasma F should be 2x RH
Romulan Sparrowhawk-H - Little confused. According to canon, and the ship description (p12), it wasn't able to carry pods. Yet there's a display for one with pods (p39).
Gorn Godzilla BB - Same as King Condor

Otherwise looks good.

Thanks. I will fix these ASAP and get them to ADB.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Also, if it isn't too late, the ship description for the Gorn DNH mentions plasma-D. There also seems to be some confusion over the name "Tarbosaurus" since the ship cards list the DNH as the Spinosaurus, and the Tarbosaurus as a DN variant.

cnuzzi post_id=42038 time=1604453158 user_id=13698 wrote:

There also seems to be some confusion over the name "Tarbosaurus" since the ship cards list the DNH as the Spinosaurus, and the Tarbosaurus as a DN variant.

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com