Topic: Starmada Full Thrust on WargameVault!

Need I say more?!?!?!?!?!?

Re: Starmada Full Thrust on WargameVault!

Umm... that shouldn't have happened. Yet.

smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Ooops...Does it matter that I am in Japan which is May 1st already?

Just bought it, including a digital version. This has proved a mistake, as I can not open the zipped file. Can anyone recommend a good unzipper or can I be sent an unzipped PDF please? I know, I know, being a pain again...

I will send you a link to the non-zipped file.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

This is fantastic!  I'm loving the ship designs and character of the weapons!

I typically make my own ship counters using printed pictures on hexes of card stock or cardboard rather than miniatures because I'm cheap and a terrible miniature-painter.  Is there a chance of getting a cleaned-up "picture" of a generic fighter squadron of two for each faction which I can use to make fighter counters when I start making some Full Thrust style starship markers?  The cleaned up "portraits" of each ship class in their profiles in the book are perfect, but the fighters which the carriers hold have no such characterful portraits.

Something looks very wrong to me. A lot of the ships have firing arcs like "ABD, ACE", or "ABD" all on it's own. Now, I'm not 100% sure where your source material comes from, but typically all the Full Thrust designs I've seen have had symmetrical loadouts.

I fear this may be an error in the spreadsheet.

All the ships in the book use Offset Firing Arcs, so I think ABD arcs would, in normal SUE arcs, be GHJ and ACE would be GIK, or the reverse (ABD>GIK and ACE>GHJ)

By the way, thanks Dan for the link. I'm going to enjoy reading the book as soon as possible.

I've noticed an issue with the book. To give my shipbuilder a test I input the weapons in and got the figures listed for all but the Submunition Pack. When looking at the figures listed earlier in the Construction section I noticed the Range for the Pack is 6, not 9. When putting these figures into the Shipbuilder I got the correct figure listed:

(1-2) 3x5+/1/1
(3-4) 2x5+/1/1
(5-6) 1x5+/1/1

As an aside, is there any plans for FB2 or later FT stuff to be released, or is it purely FB1? I was doing some conversion notes for the Kra'vak and Phalon, as well as the UNSC and even started working on FT:PC

Drat. You are correct... the table on p.10 is wrong. The Submunition Pack should have a BSUR of 2.1 and a max range of 9.

Yes, I am planning on adding the alien races soon.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

One thing I noticed was that some of the ships have hull values above 20. Would I be correct in assuming that those ships have bulkheads, not that they are hull 21+?

No... they have the listed hull sizes. Bulkheads are indicated by bullets: e.g., a ship with three bulkheads and five hull points would have a hull track like this: • - • - • - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

And it is Deal of the Day on WargameVault.

So yeah, missed the offset thing in the rules.

Though I'm wondering about converting. Not sure what source you used for the ships. I mean, I know they're based off the miniatures (rather than the old Fleet Books), but I'm not sure what set of stat blocks you used. I've tried looking at a bunch, and the odd one matches the loadouts in the book.

The main reason I'm interested, is a lot of the material out there uses the unofficial "Continuum" rules, which adds a bunch of weapons and other systems. Which I'd like to take a stab at converting, but it would help so have a bit more info, like we had with the SFU material.

Cheers.

I remember reading before about plans to cover the alien fleets from Fleet Boom 2 and possibly some of the other human powers (in particular the UNSC). Is this something still in the works and if so how far down the cue is it? As I understand it the game's designer does this as a side project/job so I can understand it being a while before it comes to light if it is still in his plans.

Is it planned to publish a supplement which contains stats for ships of the Scandinavian Federation?

ArcaneRaven post_id=42317 time=1657567297 user_id=13206 wrote:

Is it planned to publish a supplement which contains stats for ships of the Scandinavian Federation?

Perhaps as a free download. I can't see getting a full product out of the Scandinavians. smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

mj12games post_id=42319 time=1657920675 user_id=2 wrote:
ArcaneRaven post_id=42317 time=1657567297 user_id=13206 wrote:

Perhaps as a free download. I can't see getting a full product out of the Scandinavians. smile

Thank you for your answer!

I thought more of some kind of supplement which would contain several of the minor factions, including the ScanFed.

I would pay for that.  big_smile

Ok, so two questions: first I’m still wondering about how far down the pipeline the other FT factions will be. But second question is why does the Starmada:FT book no longer show up on OneBookShelf webstore???

Ok… three questions I guess… which FT factions are projected to be covered in the next book if it’s still a planned project? I’m hoping the UNSC see some coverage soon but all of the factions eventually.

The Starmada: FT book is still available: https://www.wargamevault.com/product/31 … ull-Thrust

Regarding additional factions, which ones were you most hoping to see? UNSC and... ?

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

If I was putting them in order I’d like to see them covered.? UNSC, Japanese, Islamic Federation, Crusties, Fleet Book 2 (Phalons? being the lowest priority for me personally) aliens. Then several of the other human powers I’m probably forgetting would probably go after the Kra’vak, some after the Sa’vasku, with only a few being lower than the Phalons.

Also, I did find and redownload the book but the weird thing was when I searched for it with OneBookShelf’s search bar or go to your publisher page it didn’t show up in either list. However doing a Google search (or clicking on the link you posted both) brings it up.

I'm in the process of developing Starmada: Full Thrust 2, to include the alien races (Kra'Vak, Phalons, and Sa'Vasku) along with a number of the "minor" human factions.

As you may have noticed from prior posts, we're introducing a new SSD layout, which includes a defensive facings diagram. This will require top-down views of each ship, as shown in the example here (not a Full Thrust ship, but you get the idea). While photos of painted minis might conceivably work for this purpose, it would be infinitely better to have line drawings--much cleaner and clearer when printed in black and white.

I seem to recall having seen some of the NAC ships done in such a style, but I don't remember who did them. Is there anyone with some drafting skills who might be able to assist?

Post's attachments

exampleSSD.jpg 39.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com