Topic: Is 'The Sovereign Stars' an actual product I can buy?

I ask as I am just getting into Starmada and I see mention of the campaign like rules called 'Sovereign Stars', and even versions 1, 2, and 3. But, I can't find an actual download for if it is an actual pdf/product? or if it was just a beta/test set of rules not widely shared with the community.

Re: Is 'The Sovereign Stars' an actual product I can buy?

Welcome!

Version 1 of the Sovereign Stars was a strictly desktop-published game that has been OOP for a very long time.

Version 2 was a tie-in with Twilight Imperium that sold relatively well but had to go OOP when the license with FFG expired.

Version 3 was released as part of the Imperial Starmada Sourcebook, which you can get either here or at WargameVault. Although that book was part of the Admiralty Edition, SovStars itself is not anchored to that edition.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Thanks for answering so promptly Daniel I appreciate it

and derp...

I actually own the 'Imperial Starmada' pdf, just haven't read it :lol

EDIT 1:

Just read through the Imperial Armada pdf. It mentions future add-on's or a stand alone 'Sovereign Stars 3rd edition', but I am assuming that is indefinitely on hold as it's been years since that came out... correct?

Gwarh post_id=41923 time=1590016195 user_id=14466 wrote:

Just read through the Imperial Armada pdf. It mentions future add-on's or a stand alone 'Sovereign Stars 3rd edition', but I am assuming that is indefinitely on hold as it's been years since that came out... correct?

Correct.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com