Topic: DryDockv2 Nov 20/2020 version: Range-Based Trait Problem

Dan,

I recently tried designing a weapon with the Excel DryDockv2 Nov 20/2020 with one range-based trait. It produced an error (red validity error for Traits).

Example: Light Plasma Cannon: RNG: 12, ROF: 1, ACC: 4+, IMP: 1, DMG: 1, Traits: Dfs

Then just for fun I changed Dfs to another range-based trait and received the same error. The same error occurs for every range-based trait. What could account for this error? I already re-downloaded DryDock from MJ12 and tried that, but there is no change. I looked to see what I may have done wrong, but I'm not seeing it. Any ideas would be helpful.

David

Re: DryDockv2 Nov 20/2020 version: Range-Based Trait Problem

How are you entering the range value? If you are entering "12" the worksheet assumes you mean to give the weapon one range band (1-12). In such cases, range-based traits are not applicable.

If you are trying to enter a weapon with the standard 1-4/5-8/9-12 bands, the value must be negative; e.g. "-12".

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: DryDockv2 Nov 20/2020 version: Range-Based Trait Problem

Yep, it's definitely pilot error on my part. It has been a while since I designed some ships. Thank you, Dan.