Topic: Some questions from Unity...

Hello,
I have some questions from the Unity (april 2020) manual.
Does the latest iteration of Starmada Unity Rulebook (april 2020) contains the Rules annex 2020 (february 2020) or shoudl I consider using both books?
In page 66 of Starmada Unity Rulebook, sectio T.2 Rotating Campaign, point 8, it says the loser rolls two dice to calculate RPs. Those RPs are only for the loser? Does the winner get the same amount? Does the winner also rolls dice? Does the winner get no RPs?
Sorry for the questions, but I need to know to try to convince some friends to try this game.
Thank you.

Re: Some questions from Unity...

The latest printing of the Starmada Unity rulebook includes the updates to existing rules from the 2020 Annex, but not the new material.

Nope. Only the loser gets RPs. It's a way of balancing the scales a bit. smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Thank you!

I have another question:
On page 16, under stacking, last paragraph, it says a starship can be relocated to an asteroid field, however on page 17, first paragraph, it says a ship can't be placed on a hex containing terrain such as an asteroid. Which one is right?
Thank you!

Ok, so the difference is between "asteroid fields" (which are treated as dangerous terrain) and a single "asteroid" (which is impassable). See p.54.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

6 (edited by recrispi 2023-04-23 00:26:40)

Thank you! I hadn't noticed that difference.