Re: Yaay, beer!

And Dugan, if you can make it out to ReaperCon, it's great fun. Lotsa painting and sculpting and games, and the Reaper fans and Peeps really are some of the coolest people around. It's a really good time. Go poke around Reaper's forum in the ReaperCon section and read up.

Then there's ShinerCon afterwards.  :twisted:

Ahh, so sad sad . Another fine thread hijacked. lol All this fine discussion about our favorite fermented beverage, spammed by talking about games.  big_smile Back to beer please, leave the game stuff to the other threads.

Well in these part we differentiate (say that drunk) between beer and imported beer or is that lager but proper stuff... still that stuff (like Hoegarden) tasks like lager to me not beer-real ale...

Cask Beer you cannot beat it! Real Ale, none of your draught over chemical laden mass produce nonsense oh no real stuff.!

My particular favourites:
Hobgoblin, Black Wych from the Wychwood brewery.
Rigwelters Black Sheet from the Black Sheep Brewery.
Centurions Ghost: York Brewery. (The holy beer)
Bombardier and Satanic Mills from Wells

I favour the dark dark stuff...

japridemor wrote:

Ahh, so sad sad . Another fine thread hijacked. lol All this fine discussion about our favorite fermented beverage, spammed by talking about games.  big_smile Back to beer please, leave the game stuff to the other threads.

Well I was trying to segue out of the ReaperCon discussion by mentioning ShinerCon, which is the after hours festivities, which just so happen to involve.........................................................................

BEER!!!! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Or in my case Crown Royal.  big_smile

Yeah, my fault, sorry. I've always been a fan of Bass Ale, and Harp's Lager. But since I quit drinking (Geez has it really been 20 YEARS!) I find I like Amber O'Douls.

Pacifica, with a slice of lime jammed down it's throat. Dunno, I just like Mexican beers.  smile

Dos Equis is pretty good, the amber.

Snakebite for me (half Guinness & half Cider).

-Bren

Cider

I find it hard to believe ( and very dissapointing ) that beer hasn't been discussed in almost a year!!  :x

Sagres - Stupidly iced. The rest is small talk.

Tooheys Old, but preferably cider.

Guinness is good for you

But I have found that I like "Too Stout", too. (heh)

For quite awhile I was into stouts, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout being awesome. The last few years however, I have turned to hoppier ales; Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Dogfishhead 60 and 90 minute IPAs.

Tequiza, with extra lime juice and salt.
OR
Bud Light Lime, with extra lime juice and salt.
OR
Lately I've been on a Bud Light with clamato juice kick.
It comes in a 4 pack of 16 ounce cans, and is mui bueno.
:mrgreen:
Kevin

The wife and I went down to Key West this last weekend. In her quest to find the perfect Bloody Mary, she found one that used Clamato in it. The conversation with the Bartender then turned to the fact that Clamato is good mixed with beer. At first this horrified me, adulturating my beer with anything, then I thought hmmn. So, is this true, beer and clamato mixed?

You can even buy it that way now.
I've never been a big red beer drinker, but several months ago I was at a function where they were serving Bud Light with clamato juice, salt and lime. It comes in 16 oz can 4-packs. I've since found that regular Bud with clamato is also available.
It's damn good.
I usually even add a little extra lime juice and sprinkle in some salt.
It's a party in a can.
:mrgreen:
Kevin

So, Sierra Nevada now has a Double IPA, called Torpedo, that is quite good. I might have to put it as number 2 on my list.

New favorite: Stone Brewery's Ruination. Good stuff.

Wait..what?

O_o

http://www.wynkoop.com/beer-blog/item/172-update-on-rocky-mountain-oyster-stout-cans

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

An acquired taste, I'm sure...

Gents,

Check out some fine beers from Brewdog.www.brewdog.com
A Scottish craft brewer inspired by the US craft beer scene.
They do some fine IPAs & Stouts, amongst more exotic offerings.
Their growth has been exceptional, & now in the spirit of 'Coals to Newcastle',they plan to open a US brewery in Columbus, Ohio.

Cheers!
Wilf

I love my state:

http://virginiabreweries.com/map

Though we're not one of the top brewing states (those honors go to the hipster havens like Oregon or states that are just plain huge like California), we're booming and have more state and local breweries than you can shake a stick at.  If you're ever passing through, Richmond alone has two cideries, a meadery, and something like seven small indy breweries and two big indy ones (Stone and Legend), while out in the middle of nowhere, Devil's Backbone makes some of the best IPAs I've ever had, and the three conjoined cities of Hampton, Norfolk and Virginia Beach are popping up breweries at a rate of 2-5 a year.

thedugan wrote:

Not a best supplements for building muscle guy - Sake' for me thanks!

I hate that stuff, I'm a whiskey man myself.