Topic: Wardogs Design sheet

Dan has no objection so I have posted a spreadsheet for constructing the units for Wardogs.

Here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/mj12games/files/Wardogs/

It is similar to the shipyard but I have written it from the ground up, by the book. It has been revised a fair number of times these last few days and I still have reservations about the Offensive rating from page 56. If you calculate this by hand you will get a different figure. It transpires that the intent was that equipment OR be added to each weapon.

Choose the unit type on the Design sheet first, as some equipment and weapon choices depend upon the type of unit. Design your weapons, Then just fill in the light grey cells on the Design sheet as needed.

Thanks to Christopher and his spreadsheets. Without which I may have missed a few things. Emails have been flying back and forth.

Any problems, let me know.
Paul

Re: Wardogs Design sheet

SORRY!

For some reason some of the choice cells lost their data validity when I converted the spreadsheet from ods to xls!
It had been working so well I forgot to double check.
I have fixed it as quick as possible and have posted the corrected v4.

Paul

Haven't played with it yet Paul, but I'm impressed.  Nicely done.  smile

go0gleplex wrote:

Haven't played with it yet Paul, but I'm impressed.  Nicely done.  smile

Thank you.

I have found that the most weapons I can cram onto a standard data sheet is Eight. So not to be mean I have increased weapons to eight.
However the maximum ammo that will show as cross off boxes per weapon is 42.
V5 posted.

Paul

Still thrashing out any problems or errors.
High yield and Airburst warheads fixed and now shows any damage die adjustments.
Christopher found a couple of things that I had missed.
Anyone spot an error please say so.

Version 7, 7th October 2008. is the latest revision.

Paul

RiflemanIII found a few errors which I have now fixed and Infantry amendment made, see errata.

So V8 will now be the latest revision.

Paul
(5.23am UK time, will post just finished version before I fall asleep)

f.whitfield mech design threw up another little fault. Basic thermal calc was not rounded (or ROUNDEDUP). Don't you just love math when a half of something is actually bigger than the other half of the original. Then if that half is bigger is the other half a half?

Anyhow, please change cell Design Q18 to:
=ROUNDUP($C$6/2)+VLOOKUP($E$6;$Q$5:$R$10;2;0)
or
=ROUND($C$6/2)+VLOOKUP($E$6;$Q$5:$R$10;2;0)
Have already revised V8.

Paul

Btw is the current version for the spreadsheet v8 or is it still the earlier one.

Found that the spreadsheet is missing the following item in Ver 8

AI Modification

Its listed but its not, kinda funny (weird) under the equipment tab and if you go over to the P15 to W22 sections in that area you cant find it.

Sorry About that, the spreadsheet takes in account all the factors.

Unfort i forgot those factors when designing.

f.whitfield wrote:

Btw is the current version for the spreadsheet v8 or is it still the earlier one.

I posted the revised Version 8 (2) a couple of minutes after my mentioning it here.

There are a couple of things (like AI Modification) that only become available when other choices are made, in this case tech level 6.
May seem weird but I think it works.
The spreadsheet is still a work in progress, I only started it after downloading the rules, so about 18th September. It just needs more "eyes" to look at it.

Paul

Got to playing with this tonite Paul...tres cool!

One thing I did note; under equipment you have Targeting Aquisition Array.  This should be Target Aquisition Relay. (TAR)

go0gleplex wrote:

Got to playing with this tonite Paul...tres cool!

Thanks.

go0gleplex wrote:

One thing I did note; under equipment you have Targeting Aquisition Array.  This should be Target Aquisition Relay. (TAR)

Will change it, wonder if I put that because Table 13 has it as T.A.R. (Target Acquisition Array)?

Paul

I'll check that when I get home tonite.  Entirely possible...my brain and I sometimes don't speak to each other.  :oops:  lol

When you do the next upgrade for the spreadsheet could you add more spaces for weapons on the Weapons tab and the design tab.

Thanks.

f.whitfield wrote:

When you do the next upgrade for the spreadsheet could you add more spaces for weapons on the Weapons tab and the design tab.

Thanks.

I could remove the Infantry weapon stats and put them lower down on the sheet, that way they can still be used by copying and pasting them back if needed. This would give another 17.

Do you have a faction/Army with more than 21 different weapons, Not counting Infantry weapon options? Nobody has ever asked for more in Starmada!
Why more weapons on the design sheet? The book designs are limited to Six, I found I could have up to Eight on a standard data card. Do you have a different design data card?

Anyone else have any thoughts on these changes? I think I would like for everyone to have a level playing field.
If, as has been suggested that this spreadsheet be used for Wardogs I would not like to depart from the rulebook.
go0glplex?

Paul

I think the design sheet is good as is from an official standpoint Paul. 

You could provide directions for how to self-modify things if it's worth your time for those that do want to do something a bit more with the sheet that departs from the overall construction rules.  But that would be up to you.

Sorry to cause such a problem, if for example i went with the BT conversion there would be quite a few weapons.

For me i use quite a array of different weapons since i dont conform to normal universe ruleset.

So many different ideas come to mind.

I can think of a few worldsets that i want to explore and destroy.

Like my Man vs Machine, or Colony Wars or War World.

The Material i posted was just to get my creative juices flowing.

I wonder if i modified the spread sheet would i be able to keep all my designs in it.

I am not really good with excel that is why i am asking.

Thanks for any help with it.

Don't worry about it mate.  Nothing wrong done...it's simply a matter of reasonability.  smile

Much like the Starmada design sheet, officially there are three batteries. However there are a couple versions modified individually to allow five batteries, or three batteries a spinal mount and ammunition based weapon that I know of.  It isn't that it's wrong to do so, but it is beyond the normal or reasonable expectation for standard game play.  (I may not be saying this exactly right but I think the intent of what I'm trying to say is there).

go0gleplex wrote:

Much like the Starmada design sheet, officially there are three batteries. However there are a couple versions modified individually to allow five batteries, or three batteries a spinal mount and ammunition based weapon that I know of.  It isn't that it's wrong to do so, but it is beyond the normal or reasonable expectation for standard game play.  (I may not be saying this exactly right but I think the intent of what I'm trying to say is there).

Guilty! (Shipyard)
Although Dan did not say that you could not have more than Three batteries. The spinal mount is mentioned in the conversion from Starmada X. I put it separate to make VBAM calculations easier. Everything being optional so it is what you make of it. The shipyard has been forum driven to some extent in that there were requests for a move to five batteries to allow other game conversions.

I found that I missed the turret calcs for weapons 7 & 8 so I have corrected that. Unless anyone can find fault with it, looks like version 10 may be the final version (he says with fingers crossed.)

If anyone absolutely has to have Ten weapons, pm me for an Unofficial version. For Btech conversion, Christopher is the person to ask.

Paul

Christopher has helped find a few more errors which I have fixed. Please note that "Extra Magazine (HC weapon)(OOO)" Hand carried weapon magazine has the three ammo with it in the Enhancements instead of it being added to the original weapon 3 rounds in the ammo box.

When Go0gleplex has reviewed the equipment that can be damaged/destroyed I will add check boxes for these.

There is a quirk that I cannot explain. Sometimes a new weapon will not show up on the design sheet. Try re typing the name on the weapons sheet. Or close and re open the spreadsheet.

V11 posted. Please use latest version.

Paul

In light of the roundup and power armor trooper answers, version 12 is now on the yahoo games site.
Any comments would be welcome.

Paul

Just to let you know version 13 posted earlier.

I will not say that this is the final version because if I do, It will not be, that's how it goes!

Paul

Version 17 work-around. wink

I found that the Hovercraft Mod isn't adding in the +5 MP on the design sheet.  Simply fix is to add this under MP, though it will throw your totals of EM off. wink