Topic: Hand Carried Pistols?

Okay, this is a bit cheezy, but when reading the description of Hand Carried weapons the part about the 2HP limit representing 1HP per hand got me thinking ... what about designing 1HP "pistols" that only need one hand?

Re: Hand Carried Pistols?

catenwolde wrote:

Okay, this is a bit cheezy, but when reading the description of Hand Carried weapons the part about the 2HP limit representing 1HP per hand got me thinking ... what about designing 1HP "pistols" that only need one hand?

HC weapons can be...intensely...effective.  So to discourage a small unit load up with battleship firepower and reloads...the limit was placed.

But again, the game is meant to be customized...so there is a lot that is purposefully left a little fuzzy.

That's what I thought about dual-wielding them, but how about wielding a single 1HP "pistol" in one hand and leaving the other hand free?  That would leave the free arm to shoot another weapon or punch ... maybe not too bad if both sides are playing by the same rules.  I'm imagining a "swashbuckling" mech with a pistol in one hand and a sword in the other.  wink

catenwolde wrote:

That's what I thought about dual-wielding them, but how about wielding a single 1HP "pistol" in one hand and leaving the other hand free?  That would leave the free arm to shoot another weapon or punch ... maybe not too bad if both sides are playing by the same rules.  I'm imagining a "swashbuckling" mech with a pistol in one hand and a sword in the other.  wink

If everyone is good with that...np.  Sounds cool btw.

Should be a way to make a hand held weapon as powerful as a mounted weapon.

We see it so often in anime or other mecha genre.

Light mech dual weilding mecha size uzi's or dual rocket launchers.

Maybe rule determining how much a hand can carry needs to be revamped.

Hand held weapons are typically MORE powerful than mounted weapons (much like in anime).  Hence the reason for the restriction...to avoid getting too carried away.

But...I am going to look at this pistol issue since it seems to be on the Christmas list...;)

Okay...here's the fast version for "Pistols".

All restrictions, costs, etc. for Hand Carried weapons apply with the following exceptions;

1)  The weapon may not have a HP requirement greater than one (1).

2)  The weapon may not have more than two weapon enhancements, inclusive of the Hand Carried weapon enhancement.

3) Only requires a single hand/arm to use.

Cool.

Weapon: Heavy Needle Pistol
Type: Kinetic
Range: 3/6/9
RoF: 1
Damage: d8
Mod's: Hand Carried, Armor Piercing Shells
Ammo: 3
HP Cost: 1

Weapon: Light Needle Pistol
Type: Kinetic