Topic: Melee Clarifications

Throwing: no method is specified for the To Hit roll used to throw a unit at another unit, so I assume it is the standard Melee To Hit roll?

Ramming: there is no damage to the ramming unit specified, but the Ram Plate equipment reduces the damage rating of ramming damage to the rammer by one, so I assume the rammer normally takes the same damage as the target?

Re: Melee Clarifications

catenwolde wrote:

Throwing: no method is specified for the To Hit roll used to throw a unit at another unit, so I assume it is the standard Melee To Hit roll?

Correct.  Melee to hit roll is used since this is a physical attack.

catenwolde wrote:

Ramming: there is no damage to the ramming unit specified, but the Ram Plate equipment reduces the damage rating of ramming damage to the rammer by one, so I assume the rammer normally takes the same damage as the target?

I'll check on this when I get home but I thought it was explained in the example provided.

Re: Melee Clarifications

Okay...

Yes, both the attacker and target sustain the same damage during a ramming attack.  If the attacker is equipped with a ram plate then the (potential) for damage is reduced as given in the equipment example.