Topic: Idea for the new version

HI All,
If you are working on a new version of FTM here is 1 idea for you.
I have 4 fantasy rules sets and I mostly play Chipco's fantasy rules, the reason I mostly play these rules is they have 50 plus army lists. I like the FTM rules very much, but I feel you need to include more army list. I feel by including more army lists it will make it more atractive to gamers.

I do know you can creat your own list but who has time for that.
This is just MO.

Wes

Re: Idea for the new version

I like the FTM rules very much, but I feel you need to include more army list. I feel by including more army lists it will make it more atractive to gamers.

I do know you can creat your own list but who has time for that.

You betcha!

We've got plans for a bunch of army lists.  * = new

Alverness
    * Azweto (zulu-types)
    Boreal
    * Dragons (the really big kind, not the lizards)
    * Dwarves
    * Haedun (beastmen)
    Grimmpule (one of my favorites)
    Orcs
    * Black Orcs (From Nyckruscht -- that has nothing to do with them, I just like the word Nyckruscht)
    * Saxid (desert lizard types)

That's just in the playtest version.  I'd like to put a list of man-wolves together and, of course the evil samurai with supporting undead are one of my personal favorites. It's funny to watch the smallish unit of werewolves from the samurai face off against the 7 foot tall blade wielding man-wolves. Whimper whimper.

Anyway, that's a start, but, because we like to flesh out the lists a little more than the chipco guys do.  I think it adds to the overall flavor in the book.  That's really what takes so darn long.

Also, the OOBs seem to help with pickup games a lot, we've got some 500 pt lists, some 1000 pt orders of battle some 2000 pt orders of battle and some humungous orders of battle.

What else would you like to see?

And don't forget the

Wood Elves
* some loosely defined High Elves
* Laxud (jungle lizards)

I for one agree, Wes, the lists are what give the rules body - put some meat on the bones as it were.

We are also working on sample monsters to summon, and organized predefined spell lists.

Any ideas are welcome on lists.

How about a list for ogres/giants who comprise a unified force rather than as single mercenary units in other armies?