Topic: The Next Navies

I like this setting and I understand why the focus is on England.  I love the ship builder.  FAC craft yeah!  I just want to know who the next Navies would be. I realize the USEN would be Smaller than the Major Powers fleets but I would think it as large as the ABC Powers or Spanish Fleets. 

I would also like some scenarios with the Italian Fleet, to my eye the most attractive fleet.  I realize they are a bit player, but there are so many ways you could take this history. 

I must say this is an awesome game and background to work with.  One of the two best in my opinion.  Thanks for the ship builder.

Next Navies
1 USEN?
2 Norwegean League?
3 Arabian States?
4 Chinese?

Re: The Next Navies

ussskip wrote:

I like this setting and I understand why the focus is on England.  I love the ship builder.  FAC craft yeah!  I just want to know who the next Navies would be. I realize the USEN would be Smaller than the Major Powers fleets but I would think it as large as the ABC Powers or Spanish Fleets. 

I would also like some scenarios with the Italian Fleet, to my eye the most attractive fleet.  I realize they are a bit player, but there are so many ways you could take this history. 

I must say this is an awesome game and background to work with.  One of the two best in my opinion.  Thanks for the ship builder.

Next Navies
1 USEN?
2 Norwegean League?
3 Arabian States?
4 Chinese?

I'm glad you're enjoying it, welcome to Edwardian England! smile

I don't write the stuff, but I think that Matt and Dan have come up with a great setting. I'm glad you think so highly ofthe Italians, I really enjoyed putting them together. I just kept thinking of all those high dollar shoes athat the Italian fashion houses put on models....
big_smile

I don't know what's next, but the US and the Chinese already have ships made for them - a whole fleet in the case of the Chinese, the US is just a few conceptual models - I have made Battleship Texas.  big_smile

We already have Ottomans, I can't see what would be different in an Arabian fleet. Not saying it won't be done, I just don't see how they'd be different. They might be a late arrival, not until they get the petro-dollars flowing. I do notice that the Arabians today aren't real naval....

ussskip wrote:

I like this setting and I understand why the focus is on England. I love the ship builder. FAC craft yeah! I just want to know who the next Navies would be. I realize the USEN would be Smaller than the Major Powers fleets but I would think it as large as the ABC Powers or Spanish Fleets.

I would also like some scenarios with the Italian Fleet, to my eye the most attractive fleet. I realize they are a bit player, but there are so many ways you could take this history.

I must say this is an awesome game and background to work with. One of the two best in my opinion. Thanks for the ship builder.

Next Navies
1 USEN?
2 Norwegean League?
3 Arabian States?
4 Chinese?

I'm with you. This is an excellent game and a amazing background. I'm loving it, and I've researched a lot of 1900-1914 world story just to see how it will fit in this universe.

As for the fleets you was asking for (just historically, of course):

USEN:
It would be a consistent Ether navy, by the wet navy standarts. Later to build than the European Powers navy, would still be, modern and with active numbers. In comparison with the wet navy from 1900-1914, once again just numbers the USN had more or less 17 operational BBs, between light, battle and heavy cruisers, with protected cruisers being renamed and some early BB being renamed, there were more than 100 active cruisers in this era. As for smaller warships you name it. So I think that when the USA decided to create a USEN, it would have a good number of everything.

Norwegean League:
Large numbers of DD and smaller ships, if we compare it with wet navy numbers of the epoch. A few CC's possibly. The Norwegean Royal Navy had a very pragmatic strategy, a lot of sea to cover and no illusions.

Arabian States:
Don't forget that the territory that now belongs to several Arabian States, at the time with few exceptions, was a protectorate of several European Potences: Spain, France, Great britain, etc. The Ottoman Empire is already covered and the Persians were in a tight spot at the time.

Chinese:
I also think that some more ships would be fine to the chinese.

But most of all, where are the french sailors?  smile Ouh lá lá! Ou sont les marin français?

We do have French ships already modeled.

I don't know when they show up.

Ah Monsieur Dugan, sa ces't une formidable informacion!  tongue
Est que vou voulez ou peut nous donner une ou deux images de les magnifiques bateaus de guerre de la Republique Française?!
8-)  8-)
Ah Merci! Merci bien!  smile

Blackronin wrote:

Ah Monsieur Dugan, sa ces't une formidable informacion!  tongue
Est que vou voulez ou peut nous donner une ou deux images de les magnifiques bateaus de guerre de la Republique Française?!
8-)  8-)
Ah Merci! Merci bien!  smile

uh...what?
:shock:

I'm not a French speaker but I play one on TV.

Translation: Great news! Could you post one or two pictures of the warships of the French Republic? Thank you muchly.

Would you prefer German?
Grossartige Nachrichten! Koennten Sie bitte eins oder zwei Bilder der Schlachtschiffe der Franzoesischen Republik posten? Vielen Dank!

No, I have too much fun mangling American...
big_smile

It is possible that the US and French ether navies will see the light in the next book...or the one after since there were two or three separate supplement topics bounced around while brainstorming and no set decisions made.

But as always, we can talk about a lot of things...in the end, it's up to Dan. wink *chuckles*

The Art Fairy has been bidden....

It may or may not end up looking like this.[attachment=0]Charlymain001.JPG[/attachment]

Is this a Frenchie one? I like it. It has the Colonial Powers feeling. Thanks for posting it.

Yes, it's French.

You can tell cause it's PINK!!!!

lol  lol  lol

Not pink! Sligtly purple. Adjust your monitor, sir, please.  big_smile

It started out REAL pink....trust the Art Fairy
lol

Blackronin wrote:

USEN:
It would be a consistent Ether navy, by the wet navy standarts. Later to build than the European Powers navy, would still be, modern and with active numbers. In comparison with the wet navy from 1900-1914, once again just numbers the USN had more or less 17 operational BBs, between light, battle and heavy cruisers, with protected cruisers being renamed and some early BB being renamed, there were more than 100 active cruisers in this era. As for smaller warships you name it. So I think that when the USA decided to create a USEN, it would have a good number of everything.

Hey
Blackronin where did you get this info.  I've been surfing the net, but haven't come up with anything like specific numbers of US Ships during the time period.  I am a neophyte when it comes to net-fu.

All I have been able to find is some sites on ship names and sites about the Great White fleet (which I will probably use for my version of the USEN unless you can help me out).

Just FYI, the American Fleet has had SOME work done on it.

Dan, Matt, Todd, and I are all busy with other things right now....
sad

thedugan wrote:

Just FYI, the American Fleet has had SOME work done on it.

Dan, Matt, Todd, and I are all busy with other things right now....
sad

ya meant beyond writer's block? *wry chuckles*  wink

CPTCole wrote:

Hey
Blackronin where did you get this info.  I've been surfing the net, but haven't come up with anything like specific numbers of US Ships during the time period.  I am a neophyte when it comes to net-fu.

All I have been able to find is some sites on ship names and sites about the Great White fleet (which I will probably use for my version of the USEN unless you can help me out).

Go here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Navy_ships , and then select by type in the sidebar to the right.  If you select battleships it gives a breakdown by type and class.  Drilling down shows details on specific ships and normally a pic.

Thanks for the link!