Topic: The behemoths?!

Hi:

I've downloaded the demo version. Read the rules, found it okay, but would like to try it, but... no mecha, or vehicle or infantry statistics anywhere, so, I will I try it out?  :?

Re: The behemoths?!

Check the assembly line thread...there are a few units posted there with which to go boom. wink  I've got a couple more just waiting for me to post as well.  And I believe there is the unit creator file available in the files section... :geek:

go0gleplex wrote:

Check the assembly line thread...there are a few units posted there with which to go boom.  I've got a couple more just waiting for me to post as well. And I believe there is the unit creator file available in the files section...

Thanks for the answer, Go0gleplex.
I was making the question in a broader way. If you put out the rules so that people can try out the game to see if they like it, it should have two specimens (quite simple, so that it will be easy to see if one's enjoy the game mechanisms). In the 18 page demo rules we cannot find the specific equipment rules (and we are not suppose to) so two very simple mechs should be included so that the players can have a feeling of what the rules are about.

An I couldn't understand two things:

Why is that in the movement example images the mecha are facing the hex side and in the arc of fire example, the mecha is facing the hex vertice?

And there is only one lock on roll and then all the weapons roll for damage, each weapon, right? That means that the lock on is equal to every weapon, only the damage possibility is different right?

That's because I'm graphically challenged and felt that showing the intent was more important than worrying about hex facing. (these have been updated by a guy really good at it)

I had put a couple mecha in the sample stuff...but again, I'm not the most computer saavy guy in the world. *wry grin*
The units I did put in didn't have much in the way of bells and whistles.  And none of the physical attack stuff...like ripping trees outta the ground or that lamp pole, or picking an enemy tank up and tossing it at the other guy....are in the demo rules either. wink 

And you're correct about the lock-on. You get a lock, and any weapon that can possibly get a shot off, does. The damage rolls are checking for penetration of the target defenses and do damage accordingly.  :twisted:

it should be fairly simple to add a page to the demo with a couple simple mechs, even if they can't rip trees out of the ground.

I'll get something for demo units put together in the next day or two.

Linkage here for firing arcs:

http://mj12games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1591

Thanks for the kind words as well!
Art

go0gleplex wrote:

That's because I'm graphically challenged and felt that showing the intent was more important than worrying about hex facing. (these have been updated by a guy really good at it)

I had put a couple mecha in the sample stuff...but again, I'm not the most computer saavy guy in the world. *wry grin*
The units I did put in didn't have much in the way of bells and whistles.  And none of the physical attack stuff...like ripping trees outta the ground or that lamp pole, or picking an enemy tank up and tossing it at the other guy....are in the demo rules either. wink 

And you're correct about the lock-on. You get a lock, and any weapon that can possibly get a shot off, does. The damage rolls are checking for penetration of the target defenses and do damage accordingly.  :twisted:

I'm thinking a light and medium mech, a light APC, and toss in a couple infantry for a combined arms ground combat selection.  Sound sufficient  :?:

FWIW, I'd use two light mechs.

IMHO since the rules are there,I think you should put two light mechs (is any of it have a special equipment that needs ruling, you should add it), then 2 infantry units and 2 small vehicles, so that people could feel the thing.

I too am considering purchasing War Dogs and would love to have a demo version with enough information and mechs to sample the game.

So, by all means, add those units to the demo rules!

go0gleplex wrote:

Check the assembly line thread...there are a few units posted there with which to go boom. wink  I've got a couple more just waiting for me to post as well.  And I believe there is the unit creator file available in the files section... :geek:

Yup, the design sheet is the only file so far, although only downloaded 18 times!
It is not hard to use, there are 13 example weapons and a unit example (PA Trooper). Anyone new to the game could use it to see what is possible.

Any problems with it, I am always happy to answer questions.

Paul

And you can use that in Open Office (which is a free program), yes?

Okay...

sent the file for posting on the Wardogs Demo page rather than clutter things up here.  The file includes a Very Light mecha, a Light mecha, a Light APC, basic rifle squad, and a heavy weapons squad.

Effectively, you can run a light mechanized company against each other utilizing these units.  :twisted:

Thanks, Go0gleplex. I'll try it, maybe tomorrow.

One more question. Is it easy to convert the mech from Battletech into Wardogs?

Heh, deja-vu dude...

...yeah, I'm at work, and BORED.
big_smile

Blackronin wrote:

Thanks, Go0gleplex. I'll try it, maybe tomorrow.

One more question. Is it easy to convert the mech from Battletech into Wardogs?

Some tweaking and adaptation is necessary to do so. They don't convert straight over.  Here's the first 14 CBT mech conversions done by Chris. (scroll to near the bottom of the linked page)

http://www.angelfire.com/or/FireHorse/index.html

thedugan wrote:

And you can use that in Open Office (which is a free program), yes?

Yes to both, it was written using Open Office calc 2.4, Open Office is free at http://www.openoffice.org. Although the latest version 3.0 seems to have the odd glitch (it was re-written after 2.4 and is less excel compatible).
It can also be found on magazine dvd's (Computer Buyer / Shopper etc). These had 2.4.1 right up to January 2009 editions. I have kept both versions just in case I come across a spreadsheet that will not work under 3.0 (had to re do parts of the shipyard thanks to this).

I have been through it and it should work fine in Open Office 2.4 and 3.0 as well as excel.

Updated version just uploaded (Hovercraft mod fixed).

Paul