Topic: Klingon Armada announced

Innovative Game Designers Unite!

Amarillo Design Bureau and Majestic Twelve Games are proud to announce an agreement has been reached to develop Klingon Armada: a Starmada supplement set in the Star Fleet Universe.

Tentatively scheduled for release in the summer of 2009, Klingon Armada will contain all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary to allow players to pit forces of the Klingon Empire against their perpetual enemies, the Star Fleet of the United Federation of Planets. Future products of the Star Fleet Armada series will expand the scope of this partnership to include the Romulan Star Empire, the Tholian Holdfast, and other combatants of the Star Fleet Universe.

Starmada is a miniatures board game of starship combat. At its most basic level, players take command of space fleets in a general attempt to reduce each other to just so much space junk. At its most advanced, the game can be customized to breathe life into any science fiction background that players might imagine.

Novices shouldn't fret; the core set of rules has been designed with simplicity and ease of play in mind, accessible even to beginners. On the other hand, seasoned veterans should find the concise nature of the rules quite refreshing. It allows players to concentrate on the finer points of squashing their opponents rather than arguing about rules interpretations, without sacrificing any of the flavor or excitement of more complex games.

Simple, but not simplistic, is the guiding principle.

This product line will unite one of the most innovative game designs in the industry with one of the strongest genre backgrounds there is. While the classic Star Fleet Battles was designed for individual ship combat, Starmada was designed from the start for massive fleet battles, using a clean and fast-playing rules system. Klingon Armada will allow players who have long enjoyed such massive battles to now use the fleets of their favorite television and movie empires.

Given that Starmada was designed to be used with miniatures, it will be a natural tie-in to the existing line of Starline 2400 ships used in the Star Fleet Universe. Klingon Armada and the products to follow will be designed to use the existing Squadron Boxes, vastly expanding the market for those products.

The joint venture also envisions moving the new PDF edition of Starmada into retail stores.

To learn more about the Star Fleet Universe, visit the Amarillo Design Bureau web site at http://www.starfleetgames.com/. For more information on Starmada, visit the Majestic Twelve Games web site at http://www.mj12games.com/starmada/.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Klingon Armada announced

SHIELDS UP MR. REDSHIRT!   big_smile

Well, you've answered the question in my last email....
lol

That's very cool.
I *am* a little dubious about the "massive fleet battles" description though.
wink

The only thing that was "massive" under the old SFB system - IMNSHO - was the inevitable rules-lawyering....
lol

As a Starmada player AND an SFB/Federation Commander player, I'm *very* excited about this news - time to bust out those SFB minis I've had gathering dust for the last few years!

If you need some counters, I have a bunch of starfleet ship ready. I just need the size and any info you need on the counters.
PM me if you need a sample of my work. This is just for testplay.

:geek:

Like this...?

[attachment=0]PseudoRomy_EarlyBP.JPG[/attachment]

Is there a release date yet?

Inari7 wrote:

Is there a release date yet?

Not yet, but I'm hoping to have something to say soon.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

What software do you use to make your books??  Adobe, Word, Quark?

kehrer1701 wrote:

What software do you use to make your books??  Adobe, Word, Quark?

I use Word.

Used to use Quark, but when I shifted from Mac to PC (I know, I know) I started using Word. With my limited abilities, I've never really exceeded Word's functionality...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I am curious, as a mac user myself, why the switch??

The switch was essentially forced on me, since I had to have a PC for work. sad

FWIW, as a sign of protest, I have a Mac sticker on the front of my HP laptop.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

now a days, you can run both Windows and Mac on a mac... big_smile

kehrer1701 wrote:

now a days, you can run both Windows and Mac on a mac... big_smile

..and you can run Linux on either.
big_smile

Used to use Linux, several reasons that i no longer do so. I have a Linux Penguin on one of my machines. wink

So does anyone know anything new about Kingon Armada? No mention of it on ADBs boards. Does it exist yet?

japridemor wrote:

So does anyone know anything new about Kingon Armada? No mention of it on ADBs boards. Does it exist yet?

Release date is set for September 21. The book will have 40 ship cards for Feds, Klingons, Kzinti, Orions, and Tholians, plus all the options needed to play with them. It was decided it would be best to have Klingon Armada stand alone, so the essential Starmada rules are also included.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I just ordered from ADB!!!

kehrer1701 wrote:

Me, too!

MadSeason wrote:
kehrer1701 wrote:

Me, too!

Cool, a "Me Too" thread Hijack! Haven't seen one of these for a while  : lol
Oh, and, ME TOO!

Erik

PS Cricket: now that the game is in the can, is there a list of new rules/options that you could post for us to drool over/contemplate while we await our parcels?

Blacklancer99 wrote:

Cool, a "Me Too" thread Hijack! Haven't seen one of these for a while

Me neither!
wink

As feared..no PDF version yet, only dead tree. I'll wait for the PDF version.

Since it's going through ADB, I wonder if there will be a pdf

Dan,
I see that ADB is selling the basic rulebook, which you can get in loose leaf format.  Are you planning on working a deal to sell the other books as well throught them?? It would be great to get the rules annex in that format..