Topic: Somewhat off-topic...

If anyone knows of a source for "Ronin: War" and/or "Industrial Gothic" minis (both dating from the early 2000s and now apparently VERY difficult to find), please let me know.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Somewhat off-topic...

For Ronin stuff, I'd start with ebay and bartertown.
As far as the Industrial Gothic stuff goes, you probably won't have a snowball's chance in hell of finding any.
That'd be my guess anyway.

I actually looked for Industrial Gothic stuff a few years back - nada....

All I found was a picture of a rather improbable Zeppelin/dirigible, and a bunch of websites that wanted to sell me pumps and valves....

If you do find something, could you post a pic? I've heard about them, but that's about it.

thedugan wrote:

If you do find something, could you post a pic? I've heard about them, but that's about it.

I actually have some --- I'll post pics when I get home.

I just want MORE. smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

After going back through my big (BIG) box of unpainted minis, I've discovered a couple things:

1) I have a LOT of the Industrial Gothic figures. So many, that it's unlikely I need to acquire more. smile

2) The Ronin: war minis, while nifty such as they are, are REALLY small compared to other lines in a comparable scale. The tanks might work as miniature "robot" tanks, but the real disappointment is the "knights" (smaller mecha). They actually don't come with weapons! I'd forgotten about the whole "customizable" thing; you have to buy the weapons separately, which are then attached to the mini using magnets. (Might be a big reason the game never caught on...)

So, in other words... never mind.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

After going back through my big (BIG) box of unpainted minis, I've discovered a couple things:

1) I have a LOT of the Industrial Gothic figures. So many, that it's unlikely I need to acquire more. smile

2) The Ronin: war minis, while nifty such as they are, are REALLY small compared to other lines in a comparable scale. The tanks might work as miniature "robot" tanks, but the real disappointment is the "knights" (smaller mecha). They actually don't come with weapons! I'd forgotten about the whole "customizable" thing; you have to buy the weapons separately, which are then attached to the mini using magnets. (Might be a big reason the game never caught on...)

So, in other words... never mind.

So.... You gonna post some pix?
smile

thedugan wrote:

So.... You gonna post some pix?
smile

Here's some from another site:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Td-wwsze5GI/SB4c268M0wI/AAAAAAAAAKk/y7DlSOo8MC8/s1600-h/ig-prowler.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Td-wwsze5GI/SB4ctq8M0vI/AAAAAAAAAKc/gqh6InXTBpM/s1600-h/ig-harrier.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Td-wwsze5GI/SB4cMq8M0uI/AAAAAAAAAKU/ljaFsbdr82Q/s1600-h/ig-gunship.jpg

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

So, you found MORE minis you'll never paint?

Hmmm bet the wife just LOVES that.  I guess it's better'n buying $250 worth of minis and then finding the old ones when you're looking for a place to stash the new ones.

jimbeau wrote:

So, you found MORE minis you'll never paint?

Hmmm bet the wife just LOVES that.  I guess it's better'n buying $250 worth of minis and then finding the old ones when you're looking for a place to stash the new ones.

Truer words never spoken....

I still have D&D minis from the 80's that I haven't painted.....
:shock:

Yep I got a bunch of the indust. Gothic painted up, found them in a bargin bin.

Never played with them yet.

There were all one faction so I divided them up and painted them diffrent, for a blimp civil war. Neat concept I even bought Areonef to play with but I never did.