Topic: Discussion forum problems fixed?

As many of you will have noticed, we've been having difficulties with the discussion forums in recent days. The issues seem to have been resolved, but there's always the possibility of a relapse.

I apologize for the inconvenience -- isn't technology WONDERFUL? smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Discussion forum problems fixed?

I've always found it ironic how things seem to go more backwards the more advanced the technology used. wink

Nah, it's just that the more advanced the technology, the more things can go wrong with it.

I dunno, I understand how tech goes sideways, but I also see how humans respond to the presence of technology. big_smile

...yeah, I'm an old fart - and getting more aware of it by the day. I remember men tipping their hats to women - at least in the movies - hell, when was the last time you saw someone wearing a hat that wasn't a ballcap, a stetson, or a knit cap?

Many Thanks to whoever got it fixed (Dan?), I was missing it. Was it software, hardware, or a security/hacker issue?

thedugan wrote:

Many Thanks to whoever got it fixed (Dan?), I was missing it. Was it software, hardware, or a security/hacker issue?

From what I understand, it was a hardware issue with the server on which our SQL database is housed.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com