Topic: They're Here

Bantam, two Haemonculus and three Tychos. smile

Overall, really happy with them.  I put the first Haemonculus together, and my only concern now is how I'm going to mount it.  I'm not much of a modeler (I can paint, though, once it's together).  And I need to work around the lack of a slot for the base stem.  No Big. The ship itself is pretty nice looking big_smile

The only headache was the Bantam.  The resin hull got dinged up in the mail.  Lost two casement guns and what I assume is a torp tube (an extension that sticks at a slight angle out from the ship).  I was able to find one gun barrel and glue it back.  I clipped some metal from an Old Glory tank barrel and the torp tube has been passably repaired.  And another teeny bit of metal has gone in place of the last missing casement gun barrel.  Once it's painted, I think it will look OK  smile

Over course, by the time I did the patchjob, my 2-yr-old came over and knocked the frigging teeny light guns onto the carpeted floor, and I can't find the fourth.  Even with a flashlight.  So they're not mounted.  You don't know by looking at the ship that something should be there, though, so I don't really care about that.  Got them based and ready to paint today.

Re: They're Here

And now they're based  big_smile

Had trouble at first.  They're not slotted, and I'm not that handy at coming up with fixes to stuff like that.  But  I stopped by Wal-Mart, found some 2 and 3"  arts and crafts squares (wooden), and simply glued the ships upright to those.  Now the bases are painted black (along with some other touches), and the first two fully finished pieces -- my Haemonculus class CAs -- look pretty nice smile

For my color scheme, I based the ships in black, then painted the hulls with Reaper blue (ocean, sea?  gotta look).  Picked out the windows with yellow using a detail brush.  The solar sail struts/supports/whatever were painted steel plate, with the fabric between them painted silver.  Look nice, metallic and shiny.  The cover of the IS rulebook has those rounded protusions sticking from the British hulls as grey in color, and I copied that.  Finally, just cause I wanted to, I picked out the barrels of the lightning projectors in Brass.

pics we want pics

Gotta see if I can borrow a digital from the in-laws.