Topic: Klingon Armada is now available!

We've been talking about it for so long, that this announcement seems a tad anti-climactic. Klingon Armada has officially been released by Amarillo Design Bureau, and is available for purchase from the ADB web store. We're hoping to get our own stock next week some time, at which point it will also be for sale from the MJ12 catalog. However, we STRONGLY urge you to get your copy from your FLGS, so that we can prove to the distributor that MJ12 products can sell. smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Klingon Armada is now available!

Awesome Dan!

Does the book provide the point-cost formulae for the new stuff and will there be a shipbuilder.xls for it?

Only Warlock wrote:

Awesome Dan!

Does the book provide the point-cost formulae for the new stuff and will there be a shipbuilder.xls for it?

Anything that is not in the Core Rulebook has ship construction/point cost information provided.

I am working on Something Big related to the shipbuilder.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

ooooh just got chills...ETA?

Klingon Armada can now be purchased from the MJ12 web store:

http://www.mj12games.com/starmada/adb6101.html

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Hey, just got my book taday. AWESOME!!
Noted one thing real quick,
Page 47, Federation BattleCruiser. I noted the one on page 47 has no subtype, while the one on page 48 does.  The Kirov and New Jersey types are listed on page 35.

Well the FLHS just got in their shipment with both KA and SAE books, (I expected they would... I wrote the order myself. Sometimes it's good to be the one vaguely in charge.  big_smile) and I have to say. Awesome.

Coupla' sentiments here:
1.) I see the rules for how many SU Dual-Mode weapons take up, but I can't seem to find where you determine ORAT off of them.
2.) While not *wholly* necessary, it would have been nice/ interesting to have some rudimentary rules for the option mounts on the Orion ships. Like perhaps a limited ship creation set just for the Option Mounts. That's just a minor suggestion, really not *totally* needed.
3.) Where's my Planet Killer, Prime Trader and Juggernaut the back of the book say I get?  wink

Otherwise, very nice. I hope to be reordering this one several times. Same with the core Starmada book. I might have to run an event to increase awareness. Especially now since I can stock the core book.

Alex Knight wrote:

1.) I see the rules for how many SU Dual-Mode weapons take up, but I can't seem to find where you determine ORAT off of them.

Weapon ORATs are determined by their space costs. (p.30 of the Core Rulebook)

2.) While not *wholly* necessary, it would have been nice/ interesting to have some rudimentary rules for the option mounts on the Orion ships. Like perhaps a limited ship creation set just for the Option Mounts. That's just a minor suggestion, really not *totally* needed.

Maybe in the future, when we introduce Orion cloaking devices.

3.) Where's my Planet Killer, Prime Trader and Juggernaut the back of the book say I get?  wink

That was a miscommunication between me and ADB; I had one set of "included" ships in mind, and they had another... :oops:

When I get back from Archon, I will be statting up the "extra" ships, and they will be available for download from ADB.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

kehrer1701 wrote:

Hey, just got my book taday. AWESOME!!
Noted one thing real quick,
Page 47, Federation BattleCruiser. I noted the one on page 47 has no subtype, while the one on page 48 does.  The Kirov and New Jersey types are listed on page 35.

was there suppose to be a name on the pg 47 ship?

kehrer1701 wrote:

was there suppose to be a name on the pg 47 ship?

Honestly, I don't know if it's "supposed" to be labeled as the Kirov subtype or not. The ship card for this class in Federation Commander is simply labeled "Federation Battlecruiser", and that's what I went with.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

Weapon ORATs are determined by their space costs. (p.30 of the Core Rulebook)

Hey, lookie that. RTF and pay attention to it and it will actually tell you. Heh.  :oops:
Now the question is, what range do I use? Or did I miss something in dual-mode weapon that says they must be same range?

Maybe in the future, when we introduce Orion cloaking devices.

Sweet. ::begins ponderings on modular ships::

That was a miscommunication between me and ADB; I had one set of "included" ships in mind, and they had another... :oops:

When I get back from Archon, I will be statting up the "extra" ships, and they will be available for download from ADB.

Woo hoo! What is Archon?

Honestly, I don't know if it's "supposed" to be labeled as the Kirov subtype or not. The ship card for this class in Federation Commander is simply labeled "Federation Battlecruiser", and that's what I went with.

I think that there isn't on the Kirov-class because it's the 'standard' Battlecruiser, whereas the New Jersey and Bismarck are both 'specifics'. I might be wrong, however.

Alex Knight wrote:

Hey, lookie that. RTF and pay attention to it and it will actually tell you. Heh.  :oops:
Now the question is, what range do I use? Or did I miss something in dual-mode weapon that says they must be same range?

Yup.

"Each mode may have different ROF, ACC, IMP, and DMG values, and/or different traits. However, a weapon must retain the same RNG value between modes."

Woo hoo! What is Archon?

Sci-fi/gaming convention outside St. Louis, Oct. 2-4. Come join us!

I think that there isn't on the Kirov-class because it's the 'standard' Battlecruiser, whereas the New Jersey and Bismarck are both 'specifics'. I might be wrong, however.

That was my understanding as well.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

Yup.

"Each mode may have different ROF, ACC, IMP, and DMG values, and/or different traits. However, a weapon must retain the same RNG value between modes."

Oh, look... pg 29. Heh. Bueno. I don't know if I'd use dual-mode weapons anytime soon, outside of SFU stuff, but cool.

Sci-fi/gaming convention outside St. Louis, Oct. 2-4. Come join us!

Hrm... trip to MO is not in my budget. That's a shame. I'll keep on keeping on up here in MI.