Topic: Weapons question

Hi everyone, I am new here and just recently picked up the Starmada X rules.  My game group has come up with a few questions as we have been going through the rules and I figure this is the right place to get a reliable answer.

The first question deals with having multiple weapons in the same battery and whether they can target multiple targets. 

For example:  Battery A has a weapon with 4 facings, AB, AB, CE and DF.  There are three targets that the player would like to fire on.  One target is in the A Sector, one in the C Sector and one in F sector and the player wants to fire 2 weapons at the target in A, and one each at the targets in C and F.  Is this legal to split the fire of the weapons in the same battery?

Thanks for the help and we will likely have some other issues as we go along, so I would like to thank all of you in advance for your assistance.

Maveth

Re: Weapons question

yes.

On page 15 Dan wrote:

Before resolving any of its attack, a starship must  declare at which targets it will be firing, and what weapons it will be using against each...

This doesn't come right out and say it, but I believe this to be the passage that implies that you may fire weapons in different arcs.

hey, but that's just me.

Here's the starmada faq:

http://tablegamer.com/cgi-bin/faqw.py

jimbeau wrote:

This doesn't come right out and say it, but I believe this to be the passage that implies that you may fire weapons in different arcs.

hey, but that's just me.

Here's the starmada faq:

http://tablegamer.com/cgi-bin/faqw.py

Thanks a lot Jim.  Also, thanks for pointing out the FAQ.  This will likely answer most of our questions.

Maveth

heh I don't know about that smile

I run the faq and it's a thankless job, thankless I say!

Jimbeau: Thanks!

ah HA! Can't call it a thankless job NOW, can you??

Maveth wrote:

For example:  Battery A has a weapon with 4 facings, AB, AB, CE and DF.  There are three targets that the player would like to fire on.  One target is in the A Sector, one in the C Sector and one in F sector and the player wants to fire 2 weapons at the target in A, and one each at the targets in C and F.  Is this legal to split the fire of the weapons in the same battery?

Yes.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I could have called it a thankless job if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!

and, you are welcome.