Topic: Independent Worlds Coalition

These are my first batch of ship designs.  I'm only using the rulebook for these, will be getting the rules annex and Klingon Armada next month. smile

The Independent Worlds Coalition (IWC) is a loose coalition of 10 systems.  Each system largely minds it's own business with the Coalition Government only really acting as mediator between the systems as needed and for managing the common defense of these systems.  There is no "Coalition Navy" per se, but an eclectic assortment of ships that each world dedicates to the mission at hand.  There is a permanent staff, but they primarily maintain the offices necessary to coordinate the formation of fleets, provide continuity of intelligence, and support for active fleets.  A fleet commander is selected from personnel available from the 10 systems and placed in charge of the fleet.  During a mission the pay and maintenance for the ships is paid for by the Coalition Government.  Each system's vessels tend to vary in design concepts and color scheme, so the fleet tends to have a rather rag tag appearance.  Sometimes these design differences are complimentary and other times not so much.  It also takes a skilled leader to successfully coordinate the actions of their fleets as well as a sound logistics officer capable of supplying and maintaining these disparate pieces of equipment.  These fleets generally do a good job of defending the IWC, but rarely embark on expeditionary exploits except in specific circumstances as the IWC is generally content to develop the resources of the individual systems rather than expand their borders.

I wasn't sure what tech levels to use for the IWC so I did what any respectable gamer would do....I rolled for it.  So the IWC ended up with these tech levels with a 2 point spread:
Engines: +1
Fighters: +2
General: 0
Shields: +1
Weapons: +2

Now, the truth of the matter is that I conjured up the IWC as a convenient way to use some scratchbuilt ships and some ships I'll probably only get a couple of, hence the rag tag feel of the fleets.

And here are the ships for your consideration:

(127) Brindai-class Independent Worlds Coalition Frigate

Hull: 3 2 1                     
Engines: 8 6 3                     
Shields: 1 1 1                     
Weapons:
1:XY 2:XY 3:2Y 4:2Y 5:2Y 6:2Y

X: Particle Cannon: 5/10/15, 1/3+/2/2
No Range Mods; Increased Hits; Piercing
[G] 

Y: Defense Lasers: 1/2/3, 3/4+/1/1
Range-Based ROF
[AC][BD][CE][DF][EF] 

Special: Armor Plating; Hyperdrive; Marines (5)
(134) Dalmin-class Independent Worlds Coalition Frigate

Hull: 3 2 1                     
Engines: 6 4 2                     
Shields: 2 2 1                     
Weapons:
1:2XY 2:2XY 3:X2Y 4:X2Y 5:X2Y 6:X2Y

X: Pulse Laser Cannon: 3/6/9, 1/4+/2/1
Fire-Linked; Range-Based ROF
[AC][AC][BD][BD] 

Y: Defense Pulse Lasers: 1/2/3, 3/4+/1/1
Range-Based ROF
[AC][BD][CE][DF][EF] 

Special: Hyperdrive; Armor Plating; Marines (6)
(180) Yorrinic-class Independent Worlds Coalition Frigate

Hull: 4 3 2 1                    
Engines: 6 5 3 2                    
Shields: 2 2 1 1                    
Weapons:
1:XY 2:XY 3:XY 4:2Y 5:2Y 6:Y

X: Fusion Torpedoes: 4/8/12, 1/4+/1/3
Double Damage; Extra Hull Damage
[G][G] 

Y: Defense Pulse Lasers: 1/2/3, 3/4+/1/1
Range-Based ROF
[AC][BD][CE][DF][EF] 

Special: Hyperdrive; Armor Plating; Marines (5); Fire Control
(177) Galdon-class Independent Worlds Coalition Destroyer

Hull: 5 4 3 2 1                   
Engines: 6 5 4 3 2                   
Shields: 2 2 2 1 1                   
Weapons:
1:2XY 2:2XY 3:2XY 4:2X 5:2X 6:2X

X: Medium Rail Gun: 4/8/12, 1/4+/1/2
Increased Damage
[AC][AC][AC][BD][BD][BD][CE][CE][DF][DF] 

Y: Repeating Rail Gun: 2/4/6, 2/4+/1/1
Repeating
[ACE][BDF] 

Special: Hyperdrive; Marines (5)

I've got a carrier that I need to fix and make some stats for that will eventually get posted here, along with fighters.  I should bash together some cruiser hulls for these guys too.

I think I may have gotten a bit carried away with the weapon traits, making my frigates more expensive than they probably should be.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Re: Independent Worlds Coalition

The frigates are a bit expensive, but the design for the ships look nice.