Topic: "Pimp Your Rules & Win Big!" @ Rules Directory

Sadly, it appears the grrl is just there to "draw the crowd" but otherwise this might be of minor interest to Dan, Demian & al. if they haven't contributed yet:
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/764712/

Re: "Pimp Your Rules & Win Big!" @ Rules Directory

I think they're both in "serious" relationships so that sort of thing doesn't probably interest them.

Huh....looks interesting.

I don't have anything I'd consider ready, I sure have enough IDEAS, though....

Currently fiddling around with SFB variant rules and doing some illustrations for a freebie TWERPS version by a guy on a Yahoo group....

jimbeau wrote:

I think they're both in "serious" relationships so that sort of thing doesn't probably interest them.

Yep, based on my experiences that does mean you don't have time to paint minis a lot.

tnjrp wrote:
jimbeau wrote:

Yep, based on my experiences that does mean you don't have time to paint minis a lot.

I have heard rumors that a very few grognards have spouses that actually enjoy it as much as the male of the species.

I've not experienced that myself, maybe it's just a cruel joke of some kind.....

thedugan wrote:

I have heard rumors that a very few grognards have spouses that actually enjoy it as much as the male of the species

While this would raise the question "what species am I" (since I don't enjoy painting), the little more pertinent comment would be that I've even heard of one or two females who actually play miniature games. Not personally met any tho, unless occasionally participating in a miniature staged a battle scene in an RPG counts.

My wife will play miniatures games with me but she won't paint.  Problem is finding time between four kids, my work, and her school work.