Topic: Okay, so what happened to Space Fleet Omega?

I turn my back for a few years and the Omegapedia gets spammed to death, Yahoo trashes the old group, half the files are apparently lost to the void, and search engines only turn up Star Trek drivel under those keywords?  Bah!  Unacceptable!  I have minis painted for the game that was supposed to come out for SFO, I tell you.

Next you'll all be telling me you don't even remember watching the series.   :roll:

Bad enough Iron Stars has no new releases planned for 2010, now I can't even revel in SFO.

Re: Okay, so what happened to Space Fleet Omega?

I'm sorry, there's no reference to this at imdb at all. :shock:

Erik M wrote:

I'm sorry, there's no reference to this at imdb at all. :shock:

Really?

And where did that long post go? Not suitable for here?

Erik M wrote:

And where did that long post go? Not suitable for here?

...eh, what long post?

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.  A conspiracy!  But they can't make me forget!  Space Fleet Kappa will fly again.  They will get their guest episodes into canon yet.  So what if they only had a minor role in a two-part story in the second season?  So what if they had to have their hides rescued by the heroes of Omega?  After years of searching I've finally found the perfect mini for their flagship the Carpathia, and some lovely Okog renegades to boot.  I shall not be stopped!

Not to mention that http://www.spacefleetomega.com is apparently "offline"

Apparently I've missed something.  A google on "space fleet omega" only points back at this forum.

http://mj12games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1862

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

And now it makes sense.  Cool idea.

Was, wasn't it?  All the way back to the Yahoo group days.

Yeah, neat concept, we managed to kill it, never executed it.....
<rimshot>

As stated in the 'out of character' thread, Dan wanted something more open ended. I actually wrote episodes for it. I don't think you can really write a game for it until you define it better, I could be wrong. Dan did write a 'beer and pretzels' game for it, I don't know if it's still extant somewhere. It was almost as generic as the spaceship game I posted a day or two under the 'simple starmada' thread.

There are still major fragments of both the Iron Stars and Starmada SFO ports on the message boards here.  I'm planning on using one or both of those with Space Fleet Kappa, and probably a heavily patched up version of Firestorm Armada as well.  God knows, FS:A needs some patching.   :roll: