Re: Quantum Legions

thedugan wrote:

I'm thinking a full color 3D illustration for the book, Black(gray, white - maybe faction-based coloring) Silhouettes for the counters.

Yeah...that's probably the way to go, though only those that print out the pdf on their own are going to get the benefit of color unless the hardcopy is printed in such.

thedugan wrote:

I'm thinking a full color 3D illustration for the book, Black(gray, white - maybe faction-based coloring) Silhouettes for the counters.

I like the paint jobs but it's a close call... and I think more players would prefer the clean black silhouette.

Before casting your vote re: painted or silhouette, you might want to see something more impressive than my little doodle...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Gotta admit those look pretty snazzy. Problem is that the color palette for the tank and the counter are too similar, so the tank started to get lost IMO. Not that it doesn't look nice. It's merely an issue of clarity.

My question is "Is this beautiful enough Jim?"
smile

I can make the counter art in more contrasting colors, it that's the problem. I like the way Dan's done up the counters here, a bit nicer than the silhouettes.

thedugan wrote:

I can make the counter art in more contrasting colors, it that's the problem.

The counter art is fine. If anything, I'll need to adjust the backgrounds... but these are "proof of concept" counters, not final versions.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I wasn't gonna jump in and do it NOW....
smile

Yeah...the counter art has nothing wrong with it at all...

Those are beautiful! Keep it!

Hey,

Any release date planned ? Or at leat a release date for a demo kit ? Or a little teasing elements ?

I've been posting teasers over on the Facebook page (link at the top of the main MJ12 site). Release date = SOON.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Damned, my Facebook allery prevented me from looking there smile Well I gonna make an exception. Thanks for the infos smile

I would really like to help with doing the play test on this.  I love simple, elegant board games!  What can we do to help?

In case you were worried that all I did this weekend was muck about with baseball stats...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

In case you were worried that all I did this weekend was muck about with baseball stats...

I was willing to tolerate the baseball stuff, but this!  :x

Just kidding, keep up (on Starmada and DeadRed in particular) the good work  Cricket.
Erik

Well, that PDF actually preemptively answered a couple of questions I had about the game.

For those of you who don't compulsively check the Facebook page.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Cool.  smile

Ditto. Is there a campaign system in that beauty?

Any chance those vehicles might make an appearance in miniature form?

Nice smile

Sergeant Crunch wrote:

Any chance those vehicles might make an appearance in miniature form?

Let's see how well the game goes over, first. wink

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Their style is definitely similar to Z4's 6mm stuff Sgt.

http://z4miniatures.blogspot.com/2009/10/online-shop-6mm.html

Cricket, is there a release date estimate for this yet? Other than "when it's ready"? And if so, could you share it with us?

I've learned from other people asking those types of questions that I have to be very specific... tongue

Dave wrote:

Cricket, is there a release date estimate for this yet? Other than "when it's ready"? And if so, could you share it with us?

I can't say there's a specific release date planned -- "when it's ready" is about as good as I can give you. wink

However, I would expect it to be ready by the end of this month or early next.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Dave wrote:

Their style is definitely similar to Z4's 6mm stuff Sgt.

http://z4miniatures.blogspot.com/2009/10/online-shop-6mm.html

...how the heck did these guys see the models I was working on?
8-)