Topic: CN '1.5' Terran Fleet review

*as posted on CN's forums*

Well, I just received my 1.5 Terran fleet, plus a Terran BC. The "1.0" fleet I bought around Xmas was a Mauridian one (plus the extra BC, of course!). So while I wish I could compare both Mauridian fleets, I'll have to use the Terran fleet I have as a "benchmark" for the 1.5 wave.

It took me two weeks to receive the package, although you must consider I'm from Canada and I live on the East coast (CN is in California). Usually US packages sent to us from locations on the East Coast take less time. Still, two weeks... To their credit however, the package was very nicely put, and the shipping instructions were followed to the letter.

I took the time to thoroughly look at each ship I received and flat out I must say that the quality has improved dramatically, something in the order of 1000%. Even the smallest of details is very well formed. The picture on CN's site comparing a 1.0 to a 1.5 Terran ship side by side reflect perfectly the reality. There are no malformations, and very little flash. There are on two or three models some very light mold lines but they are the kind that you can easily cut/file/sand without damaging the model. I would like to point out that I'm usually anal about model quality, and I usually despise fanboys who praise every kind of crap you shove into them. So if I say I'm extremely pleased with this, they must be that good!

Also, I LOVE the new bases. I must say I wasn't particularly enamored with the wood bases, although they were nice. They seem very sturdy and are perfectly shaped. Those are some of the best bases I've seen so far. The only major problem I have noticed, and as I've read elsewhere, is that the posts don't fit in the mounting holes on the ships. For me that is not a problem as I have tons of extra posts from other sources or I can easily drill into the pole and glue in a cut paper clip. But still, if the posts would fit in I could avoid all that pesky extra work. The mounting holes however are VERY well formed, to the point where they don't seem to require extra drilling.

The Terrans models look much better, I must say, "live" than on the web. As with the Mauridians, they are some BIG pieces!

To put it simply, I consider CN's line of spaceship one of the better priced on the market; now with the '1.5' quality I see I can also add that it has become one of the highest quality lines as well on the market. To me, the ships are also the best-looking ones in any range, so to me they've become one of the very top deals overall out there.

I'm already thinking about another Mauridian fleet and I'm eagerly awaiting the Deisho line this fall.