Topic: Romulan Armada now available!

We are thrilled to announce that Romulan Armada is now available! Although the books aren't in our hands just yet, order yours today and we'll ship it as soon as it arrives.

Romulan Armada is a sourcebook for Starmada: The Universal Game of Starship Combat that gives players the chance to enter the rich and vast playground of the Star Fleet Universe. This product contains all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary for players to pit forces of the Romulan Star Empire against their perpetual enemies, the Star Fleet of the United Federation of Planets.

Also included is a mini-campaign allowing players to fight out the opening moves on "The Day of the Eagle": the Romulan invasion of Federation space that brought them into The General War.

Starmada's modular design means players can handpick from dozens of options, creating the type of game you want to play! In addition, the game's flexible and comprehensive starship construction system lets you build your own designs to test against the best the Federation and Romulans have to offer.

Although ownership of Starmada: The Admiralty Edition Core Rulebook from Majestic Twelve Games is strongly recommended, it is not required: the essential Starmada rules are included!

For more information, visit our web site: http://www.mj12games.com

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Romulan Armada now available!

Are the Gorn in this one?

Yup. Romulans, Gorn, and more Feds.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

Yup. Romulans, Gorn, and more Feds.

Ok, I already ordered my copy, so you won't sway me one way or another, but I was just wondering what new "rules" additions there might be? I'm thinking that there must be something to sim plasma torps, so I'm curious.
Thanks.
Erik

Yup. The major rules addition is for plasma torpedoes, which gave me quite a bit of grief. I think I've hit upon a solution that works pretty well...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Awesome! Was wondering how you handled it. Ordered from my FLGS last week. Hopefully should see it soon!

Great news!  And even better, now that those pesky Romulans and Gorn are out of the way, you can move on to the Lyrans and Hydrans (and Tholians)!  :-)

Doug

<obligatory retort>

[size=100]Lyrans and Hydrans and Tholians, OH MY![/size]

<end obligatory retort>

I am wondering how Dan's gonna tackle the Tholians....I never played them in SFB..sheesh!

Rats, no ISC?  I always liked the militant peaceniks.  smile

Any idea when it will reach UK stores?

I usually get MJ12 products by download I'm not used to waiting for a hardcopy product

Unfortunately, Romulan Armada is technically not an MJ12 product -- it is an ADB product, and ADB has to date been slow to embrace digital publishing.

When in London last fall, I did see Klingon Armada on the shelves of Orc's Nest on Earlham Street, so at least someone is importing the Starmada/Star Fleet stuff. smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

starbreaker wrote:

Rats, no ISC?  I always liked the militant peaceniks.  smile

I love a good Oxymoron in the afternoon....
smile

RobinStirzaker wrote:

Any idea when it will reach UK stores?

I usually get MJ12 products by download I'm not used to waiting for a hardcopy product

I think it was Three or Four weeks after release that Klingon Armada arrived in UK shops, I had the feeling that ADB were selling as many as they could first, then outlets got theirs.

Keep an eye on Gameslore.com and IGUK.CO.UK, they both sold Klingon Armada.

Paul

Got my copy last week! Great stuff, as always, Dan!

Plasmas are VERY interesting, particularly the dual use Bolt-Or-Standard Plasma.

Considering the title I Almost feel that the Roms got the shaft. More Feds in the book than anything else, and between the two books, the Feds have an ENORMOUS selection of ships compared to the more anemic fleets of the other empires.

Only Warlock wrote:

Considering the title I Almost feel that the Roms got the shaft. More Feds in the book than anything else, and between the two books, the Feds have an ENORMOUS selection of ships compared to the more anemic fleets of the other empires.

The mix of ships in the two books is based exclusively on the contents of ADB's fleet boxes. Also, since both books are supposed to be self-contained, the Feds needed representation in each.

I would expect that, now that the two main books have been released, we can focus on filling out the other races...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Gosh Dan, Focus on the negative why don't you! <Queue Theatrical eye rolling>

Seriously, though, it's a good companion to KA and I can't wait for the "next thing".

Glad to see this on the website.  Will be ordering ASAP!

-Bren

It is on the releases for this week at my local games shop here in the UK so I should have it soon smile

I'm wondering if ADB plans on doing some "Fleet Books" - simply listings like they have in the SFB "R" section, with attendant 'SSD' sheets....

Yeah. Me and my boys would snap those up in a heartbeat.

Received today!!! tongue
It looks fine, but didn't have time to read it.

Marc