Topic: Starmada: Dreadnoughts - Modern ?

Dear MJ12 Friends,

Greetings !  I was wondering if you guys might consider producing a modern supplement to Starmada:Dreadnoughts, or even a new Starmada-based game altogether, to cover modern naval warfare ?

Sorry if this has been already proposed elsewhere .

Cheers,

Gary

Re: Starmada: Dreadnoughts - Modern ?

The problem is that most of today's naval combats will be resolved with guides missiles/torpedoes fired from long ranges, so Starmada system is not the right scale for it.

Re: Starmada: Dreadnoughts - Modern ?

netWilk wrote:

The problem is that most of today's naval combats will be resolved with guides missiles/torpedoes fired from long ranges, so Starmada system is not the right scale for it.

Personally, I can't see any reason why you couldn't make some really interesting, playable modern warship designs with Starmada. I think aircraft present a couple of problems (the top speed difference being MUCH greater than Dreadnoughts era ships & planes)unless you "scale" the movement of the ships way down and use the top end of the scale for fighters. Then the real problem becomes fighter-launched ordnance... That I can't see a real resolution for in the current rules (house rule needed?)
Erik