Topic: Starmada Fantasy Naval Rules

Could we see the Starmada Rule set take on ancient wet navies with a fantasy flair? I was thinking Greek/Roman type ships manned by elves, dwarves, etc... I love the Starmada construction rules and I would love to design some fantasy ships.
A million thanks,
Brandon

Re: Starmada Fantasy Naval Rules

We must be on a similar wavelength...

I've always thought about doing such a thing, but never got round to it. Obviously the naval movement rules are a must...:)

This would be cool. I agree absolutely. Sailing ships and or runic iron clads full of elves or lizard men or whatever smile Rules for wind magic and "greek" fire. And sea monsters of course. And all with the well known and great starmada basic system where you can construct your ships by yourself.

For example Spartan Games recently developed Uncharted Seas, a miniature fantasy naval game. Personally I dont like the rules very much, but its success shows that such a game is cool today by young ( and older) gamers.

Spartan Games also developed a steampunk naval game with flying fighter fortresses (like in the movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow). The minis are looking very good in this. Its called Distopian Wars.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/dystopian_wars_federated_states_intro.html

and

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/elf_fleet.htm

What do you think Dan? Is it possible that we will see a naval game along the lines of fantasy or steampunk in the future?

Step 1: Use naval movement.
Step 2: Rename Shields as Defense.
Step 3: Rename Engines as Sails (or Motive Power or what have you.)
Step 4: Replace the word Starship with Ship or Vessel.
Step 5: Weapons are designed with a flavor for fantasy or medieval. Instead of Fusion Beam, you have Ballista or "Wizard casting Fireballs"

I wrote up a few ships with Final Fantasy XII style airships in mind and threw those into the Bourbaki Basin along with all the optional rules that are used for the feel I was going for.