Topic: Dead Red Baseball

Some of the fruits of a productive weekend...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Dead Red Baseball

Looks very interesting Dan! Baseball is by far my favorite sport, and I have been playing a wide variety of tabletop baseball games since the mid-80s (I will always have a warm fuzzy spot for Statis Pro Baseball in the bookshelf box!), so I'm very interested to see how this plays. In fact, a baseball game is quite possibly the one system that you could be working on other than a Starmada product, that won't lead to me whining that I need more spaceship stuff!  lol
I may be putting the cart before the horse, but would you be providing formulas/spreadsheet for creating new or custom player cards? I have found that I have always liked playing the most current iteration of any baseball season-game, but some people will want to make/get cards for certain past seasons for replay. It would also allow you to do "made up leagues" to play teams without real players, which can be fun too.
Keep up the good work, and I for one look forward to the fruits of future productive weekends!  big_smile
Cheers,
Erik

Blacklancer99 wrote:

I may be putting the cart before the horse, but would you be providing formulas/spreadsheet for creating new or custom player cards?

Yup. Already been added to the next draft of the rules.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:
Blacklancer99 wrote:

I may be putting the cart before the horse, but would you be providing formulas/spreadsheet for creating new or custom player cards?

Yup. Already been added to the next draft of the rules.

Shweeeeeeeeeet!
big_smile
Erik

Hey Dan, with the end of the current season fast approaching (and therefore having complete stats!) I was wondering how this project was looking. Thanks.
Erik

The rules are done... I'm just finalizing some of the formulas and deciding on the best way to roll the thing out. I'm leaning towards an initial release with 20 teams: the AL and NL champs from 2000 through 2009.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Cool. I'm looking forward to this, especially being able to "make" players. I have wanted to try and play a season based on the players projected season stats (which are up on places like Fan Graphs) to see how a season would play out. Problem has always been getting a system that has a system for making player cards that doesn't require rocket science level spreadsheet construction to get coherent results.
Cheers,
Erik

cricket wrote:

The rules are done... I'm just finalizing some of the formulas and deciding on the best way to roll the thing out. I'm leaning towards an initial release with 20 teams: the AL and NL champs from 2000 through 2009.

Hey Dan, any update on this?  I got a copy of the Bill James Handbook for my birthday yesterday, and it made me think about this game. Is there any hope that it will be out before Spring Training? I don't mean to pester...it's just in my nature  :oops:
Cheers,
Erik

Well, it hasn't been quite a year since I last asked, so I don't think this quite qualifies as necromancy...just wondering if this would ever see the light of day. I know you are still putting the finishing touches on the new Starmada, and that is what actually prompted me to ask. I ceased to work on some SAE stuff that I will use when the new version comes out, so I picked up the baseball bug again...which got me to wondering what was up with this.
Cheers,
Erik

All I can say is that I have not completely given up on the game. Whether that means something will come out before Spring Training 2012, I don't know...

To be honest, the idea of a baseball game is so outside the norm for MJ12 that I have no idea whether anyone else out there would care one way or the other -- but I like it. wink

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

cricket wrote:

All I can say is that I have not completely given up on the game. Whether that means something will come out before Spring Training 2012, I don't know...

To be honest, the idea of a baseball game is so outside the norm for MJ12 that I have no idea whether anyone else out there would care one way or the other -- but I like it. wink

Well, I guess I would be the only other one interested. You ever want to sell one copy of the rules, let me know!
Cheers,
Erik