Topic: Ship designer for Starmada

I REALLY like the excel based ship designer for Starmada.  The only challenge I see is how to integrate non standard fighters. 

Any suggestions?

Re: Ship designer for Starmada

arsenalgames wrote:

I REALLY like the excel based ship designer for Starmada.  The only challenge I see is how to integrate non standard fighters. 

Any suggestions?

I'm going to guess that you have only looked at the official spreadsheet from the MJ12 website, correct? There are a couple of spreadsheets in the Files section of the Starmada forum that include not only comprehensive "building rules" updated with all that is currently available for Starmada, but have sections for the construction of custom fighters. Hope that helps.
Erik

Is the shipbuilder download broken or am I doing something wrong? Opening the file I get something like this:

ÐÏࡱá>þÿ    þÿÿÿþÿÿÿ‹Œÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ  ÍÉÀ`á°Áâ\pDaniel Kast B°aÀ=œ¯¼=<�[;ú#8X@"·Ú1Èÿ=Arial1Èÿ=Arial1Èÿ=Arial1Èÿ=Arial1 ÿ=Arial1& ÿ=Lucida Sans1& ÿ=Lucida Sans1Ȑ=Arial1È$=Arial1& ÿ¼=Lucida Sans1&ðÿ=Lucida Sans1&´ÿ=Lucida Sans1&´ÿ¼=Luci

Thank you in advance for any help,
Mr. Tholian

What link are you attempting to download?

For the record, the official ship-builder is online: http://www.mj12games.com/starmada/drydock/

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

That would probably be the Catalog/Starmada shipbuilder (Admiralty files), which has been corrupted for a very long while (did not get replaced when most of the other files were).

Paul

Thank you both!

Mr Tholian

In case you were looking to build Admiralty ships, I have re-upped the Shipbuilder. It should work now (I just tested it).

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Do I need to download all the accompanying .zip files in order for the admiralty ship builder to work?

Also, I have downloaded, from this site, the NOVA shipbuilder and I am having trouble with SFU ships. I was trying to replicate the Neo-Tholian Destroyer using that builder and could not get it to work. Among the issues I ran into was a problem with the faceted shields. As I understand it, I should select "Yes" in the SFU faceted shields section (as well as "Yes" in the SFU ship section). Having done so, I need to enter the values for the shield facets. However, the builder does not allow a value of 1 to be entered for any facet, but specifically not for the N-DD's AP & AS positions.

In regards to the online shipbuilder(http://www.mj12games.com/starmada/drydock/), without already doing the work manually, how do you determine what BAS to enter? The same applies for traits. Do I go ahead and determine the traits from the books and then enter the total multiplier in that box? Sorry for all the questions, but I just got all the admiralty books from a friend as a gift and am obviously new to this.

Mr Tholian wrote:

Do I need to download all the accompanying .zip files in order for the admiralty ship builder to work?

No, they are various parts such as counters for the Starmada books. The admiralty shipbuilder will work alone.

Mr Tholian wrote:

Also, I have downloaded, from this site, the NOVA shipbuilder and I am having trouble with SFU ships. I was trying to replicate the Neo-Tholian Destroyer using that builder and could not get it to work. Among the issues I ran into was a problem with the faceted shields. As I understand it, I should select "Yes" in the SFU faceted shields section (as well as "Yes" in the SFU ship section). Having done so, I need to enter the values for the shield facets. However, the builder does not allow a value of 1 to be entered for any facet, but specifically not for the N-DD's AP & AS positions.

If you are using Shipyard Nova the "Faceted shields" are for my own version data card and the value entered is not the number of SFU facets but the Nova shield value for each facet (shield value 6 = admiralty shields 1 : 5,5,5,6,6,5).
Converting SFU ships to official Nova you take the total admiralty shields number and enter it as armor, in the case of the Neo-Tholian Destroyer it would be 10.
There is a section on the shipyard nova ship sheet where you can enter admiralty weapon details and it will give BAS/Traits for Nova.

Paul

Thank you once again!