Topic: Quantum Legions now available

The Blight has passed, and the long, slow road to recovery begins.

The Emperor has been in exile for a dozen years and more. Despite their reduced numbers and weakened condition, his Golden Legions remain formidable.

They are needed, for Magistrate Fuzen Jao has returned. Thought to have perished in one of the last great battles of the Invasion, Jao revealed himself less than a year ago, shaking the galaxy to its core. Previously remembered as a hero who made the ultimate sacrifice in a valiant last stand against the Aracine hordes, the Magistrate's return has been welcomed by few.

Quantum Legions is a game of science fiction ground combat -- or more specifically, a series of games simulating battalion-level conflict within the universe of the Thirteen Provinces.

Innovative command and combat mechanics allow players to quickly and easily fight out any number of battles of varying sizes, keeping the focus on tactics rather than rules. Though designed as a "hex-n-counter" board game, Quantum Legions can easily be adapted as a miniatures wargame. Details on how to play using miniatures (any scale from 6mm to 15mm) are provided in the rulebook.

Finally, like most Majestic Twelve products, Quantum Legions includes rules for creating your own units so you can add to its exciting background, simulate your favorite movies and television shows, or create your very own universe!

Quantum Legions: Wargaming on an Epic Scale.

For more information regarding any of our products, visit our web site at http://www.mj12games.com

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Quantum Legions now available

Just got mine. Looking forward to reading through it.

Edit: Quick question, can infantry not enter difficult terrain because of their low speed value?

Dave wrote:

Edit: Quick question, can infantry not enter difficult terrain because of their low speed value?

Crud. There should be a sentence at the end of the description of Difficult Terrain (p.14) that says:

"A unit with a speed of 1 may enter a hex containing difficult terrain."

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

well, it's probably not a record for first errata , but still it's gotta be in the top ten!  wink
I'm interested to see what others think of QL, but I'm afraid I already have too little time to spend with the games I know and love already.
Still, keep 'em coming Cricket...lord knows I'll probably end up buying it anyway just to add to my collection  :geek:
Cheers,
Erik

I got a dumb question : Are the included counters cardboard mounted, or are they paper made for DIY building ?

Sedna wrote:

I got a dumb question : Are the included counters cardboard mounted, or are they paper made for DIY building ?

The game is PDF only for the time being. See the thread on "print-n-play" under Discussion for possible future developments.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Oops ! I missed that big_smile