Topic: New Supplement in Progress

I am working on a new supplement/expansion for ARES entitled "Dynamic Warfare". Fair warning I am very busy in real life so this will be a slow process in getting released, but I promise it will be. I will be putting together various different rules, scenarios, and extras including: enhanced elevation rules, new weather mechanics, new trap mechanics, 3-6 complete scenarios (basic rules, basic rules plus grimoire, and all including dynamic rules - options for all), an advanced unit record (which manages all on the standard sheet plus more unit slots, cr actual, cr max, player name, faction, unit name, victory points, notes, and system reference sheet), conditions and modifier tokens page, tips for 3d and 2d terrain play, and a brief bit about medieval warfare tactics.

Re: New Supplement in Progress

Heh...
Good luck with that.
I can't even begin to tell you how much work I've done on ARES over the years that *hasn't* been released. wink

Yeah I can completely relate to that. But this will get done. I want to get it done with a good layout, graphics, etc. Given my available time that can be difficult. However, if it really is taking a ridiculous amount of time to complete then I will just slap it together and release it anyway so the content can at least get out there.

At this point I have the unit record done, but I still want to work on it because in the program used the Old English fonts don't stick. I want to go and fix that with image files so that those who don't have the font on their system aren't losing out on anything.

I also have tokens done (though I still want to do better ones), the weather mechanics are... I suppose in beta status, trap mechanics are still being developed, and the same with the scenarios. So I am at least a good portion of the way there. If I do three scenarios and just stick with what I have I could slap something together in pretty much no time. But I want to give fans more than that.

Looks like your post disappeared, Samster.
But I feel your pain.  wink

New Dynamic Rules has been put up in files: http://www.mj12games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2932