Topic: Mongoose to do SFU/Star Trek

Mongoose Publishing and ADB have signed a joint venture agreement, part of which involves Mongoose making 1/3125 scale resin miniatures of SFU ships. This includes the classic Federation CA (same class as the "Big E"), the Klingon D7, and Romulan Warbird. I've seen a 3D model of the Fed CA and it's much more detailed than the existing ADB minis.

Re: Mongoose to do SFU/Star Trek

I saw that earlier today as well. I'm excited. I look forward to them being in resin as well. As much as a love the original pewter, I'm ready for the accuracy of more modern methods.

Are they only going to do the big three or are they going to try to do a general phase out of the 2400's for these?

Re: Mongoose to do SFU/Star Trek

Oops, didn't notice your question  :oops:

The Mongoose line (working name: Starline 2500, this will change) will completely replace the 2400s, with every mini currently in the 2400 line replaced by a larger (by about 20%), more detailed resin mini. 2400-line pewter minis will still be available as a mail-order/special order through retailer item if demand exists. The process of replacing the existing line is expected to last about two years. There will be completely new minis in the new line, and it is possible there may be limited-run items as well. The minis will be available as boxed sets with the same ships as the existing boxes for Federation Commander/Star Fleet Armada.