Topic: Going Back to Move Forwards

Or, what happens when playing around with a spreadsheet turns into two full fleets...:)

Unlike other settings, this one coalesced out of nothing yesterday after I did the attack dice strings. As I worked into the small hours, I may have been rambling a bit, for which I can only apologise. However, around thirty ships are in this supplement. I hope you enjoy them.

EDIT: The new version of the file has been added.

Re: Going Back to Move Forwards

Wow, very detailed, and very formitable ships;  Well Done!   8-)

As a Mercian myself, though the classes seem correct I believe the spinward barbarian (Wessex) flag is incorrect, the inset should be a white cross on a black background. big_smile

/shrugs

Did what I could with the flags I had at hand and the hurried cut and paste of the approximate geographical region of Wessex (although it really should go up to, IIRC, the Solent). Anyway, I think you're describing the Cornish flag, which is definitely not all of Wessex (and in fact I don't believe it ever was).

Anyway, at least we defeated the Danes in battle, unlike you hubwards-widdershins Mercians...:P

I might decide to release an 'updated' version of the supplement with what is accepted to be the flag of Wessex (the golden wyvern on the red background), but nothing else would change--except, perhaps, placing it in the upper canton with either a dark blue or black in the rest of the flag.

murtalianconfederacy wrote:

Anyway, at least we defeated the Danes in battle, unlike you hubwards-widdershins Mercians...

You guys are weird.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

What? He started it...:P

FYI, Mercia refers to, at least from my half-remembered 'Dark Ages' history, the Saxon kingdom that existed in what is now the Midlands, and Wessex the Saxon kingdom that was in the south west (generally) and was the only Saxon kingdom to stand up to, and eventually turn back, the Danes.

Hubwards, spinwards and widdershins are just the points of the compass on Discworld--seeing as he called me a spinward barbarian, the opposite of spinwards is widdershins, and seeing as he's north of me he's hubwards as well...:D

Please, could you revert to english? big_smile

Marc

This is English!! very english and weird is fun. Actually I'm from the far widdershins borders of mercia not the middle lands wink . And while we were briefly conquered by the Danes, our Great Leader Offa did stop the rimward aliens (welsh) from expanding  corewards.
Perhaps I was getting confused on the flag and was referring to the separatist in New Cornwall big_smile . Now about the New Republic of Mercia Fleet......? Hmmmmm.

Oh, of course, I forgot about Offa (although, it is Mercian, so obviously not of importance tongue)

But that New Republic of Mercia and possible Cornish separatists, hmm, that holds some promise. Like to provide me with some names? Have to come up with a new setting, though, for the New Republic of Mercia...

Two and a bit days from initial idea to complete setting (thank/blame OldnGrey, delete whichever is inappropriate). Here is the expanded GBTMF (Going Back to Move Forward) supplement, The End of The Beginning.

Six fleets (well, five and a half)--the New Republic of Mercia, the New Duchy of Cornwall, the Terran Colonial Union, the Pohzan Commonwealth, the Chorlos Regime and the Vorjazon Celestial Empire.

EDIT: Also contains new flag for New Kingdom of Wessex (now with wyverns)  lol

EDIT 2: The new version, with updated CR. Loses the new flag though...

Oh wow. And I was still thinking about some names and setting and an idea for ships....  Now I'll just have to invent my own setting rather than rob yours wink . After I've tried these out of course.

Well, when I work fast, I work fast (or into the small hours--two am on Saturday doing the ships, map and the thoughts regarding the nature of hyperspace in this setting, about six hours on doing the history, ship notes etc. Although I did want to do even more, I was feeling the effects of my previous all-nighter  lol )

As I said in OldnGrey's Shipyard thread, I am letting those that have downloaded this supplement that, due to an error in the DRAT when calculating vessels with fighters, vessels in this setting might not be 'balanced', and carriers might be weaker than they should be.

If I can find the time, I will update these supplements.

Progress report:

Apart from the Vorjazon, I have re-done all ships that were affected by the DRat issue. The Chorlos were the easiest (only three ships needed to be re-calc'd), the NRM the hardest (two ships that didn't need re-calc'ing). I will be providing two options:

1) a re-done supplement with the proper costs of the units inserted (some units had a CRat change of over 100). This will provide an excuse to put the 'proper' flag of the New Kingdom of Wessex in GBTMF.

2) for those that don't want to re-download the supplement, I'll be posting a list of ships with their CR.

The 'Going Back to Move Forward', 'The End of the Beginning' and 'Divided Republic' supplements have been re-done. While some ships had a CR change in the order of 2-5, some (like the Vorjaza-Harj and other large carriers) had their CR change by over 100 (~136 WRT the Vorjaza-Harj).

Now onto the other two supplements.

Seeing as many of you have chosen not to download the latest versions (:D), here's the updated version of the various ships that were affected:

New Kingdom of Wessex
Lundy (787)
Exmoor (631)
Dartmoor (652)
Wurzel (449)
Exeter (164)
Bristol (210)
Plymouth (211)
Lyme Bay (275)
River (129)
Town II (108)
Town III (82)