Topic: Got it

Now I jus' gotta print it

Going to shop for minis, because I've wanted a WWI dogfight game for a while.   But in the meantime, I found a nice set of top down counters  to print out on laminated paper.

Looking forward to trying this out. big_smile  big_smile

Re: Got it

but...

who are you smile

jimbeau wrote:

but...

who are you smile

It wasn't me....honestly....I think I'd know.

Well, Poser has been sucking up a lot of my time recently.....
:-)

me....it was me.  But it put me on as "guest."

huh.

Which counters are you going to use?

Dan just called me about some 1/72 aircraft (but I forgot to ask who the manufacturer was)

I've been using the C-in-C miniatures for playtesting, but they're a little small for the conventions.

Hopefully, the planes I ordered from hobbyline will be here before too long so I can paint them and take them to rock-con.

jim

Paperworlds...or whatever.  I DL'd some color counters for another game a while ago, and they're perfect until I get some minis.

I'll let you know how the Academy kits look when I get them next week.

They're about all I could see that had WWI fighters in 1/72

anyway, I still like C-in-C

let me know how the first couple of games go smile

There are actually a surprising number of kits in "1/72" with just a few inconvenient holes (particlarly the Fe2)...

If you are still looking for 1/72 kits let me know and I can point you to some of the manufacturers...

Also Rosemont Hobby (can be found on the web by searching) is knowledgable and involved in 1/72 scale WWI aircraft kits and conversions.

James

zouave7 wrote:

There are actually a surprising number of kits in "1/72" with just a few inconvenient holes (particlarly the Fe2)...

If you are still looking for 1/72 kits let me know and I can point you to some of the manufacturers...

Also Rosemont Hobby (can be found on the web by searching) is knowledgable and involved in 1/72 scale WWI aircraft kits and conversions.

I went out to the rosemont hobby site http://www.swiftsite.com/rosemonthobby/ and there's a bunch of stuff there. Additionally, The Academy models are a great bang for your buck, the sopwith camel and Fokker DVII were both around $3.00 and the DR.I was olny 5-ish from hobbylinc.com

they don't have any other kits, but I liked the camel cause it was easy to put together.

The Academy kits are awefully handy....  We used to give them away to winning players at conventions because they were quick and easy to assemble..

Barry Stetson at Rosemnt hobby is a great guy and very knowledgable on WW1 bot personally and as a store owner.  If you end up talking to him tell him James Gibbons sent you!

James

I will do that. Do you know where I can get more academy models?

The academy models fit my bill perfectly, they are cheap, easy to assemble and quick to paint.  Do you know where I can get some different ones?

One Bad thing though, the decals on the Sopwith Camels got messed up by the spray sealent I used.  The DVII and DRI are fine, just the camels. and pretty much just the Blue on the decals.

arg.

I may have to re=paint them or maybe I'll just leave it, I dunno.

To the best of my knowledge, the Camel and Spad XIII were the only kits they released.

Next most common are Airfix.  Some of those are a joy (like the Pup) and some are a pain (RE8)

The Revell is pretty much the best bet for Tripes and DVII's

TOKO/RODEN/Eastern Express make some good kits too...

James