Topic: Boltians vs Kussians Conversion (VBAM: S-X)

Before I go posting my conversions here, because it is previously published materials, I want to make sure it is all right to publish my conversions.

Cheers.

Re: Boltians vs Kussians Conversion (VBAM: S-X)

You might want to ask Jay.
Boltians and Kussians are due to make a come back. This I believe would be in the form of a second edition crossover.
Jay has been thinking on altering some of the weapons where the type does not directly convert to Nova traits and the ships will go beyond the period in the original book. This will be some time after VBAM 2nd edition is finished (soon I hope).
Jay has said that he would wish to keep the KEB shields.
Who knows, maybe the colour counters that I drew for every ship from the original book (and some extras besides) will get seen (about 28 pages).

Paul

Actually, I don't know if the conversions work out really good. The Kussians are horribly 'overweight' - and some of their weapons converted really overpowered:

Rapid Fire Pulse Laser; Range 9, BAS 18.54, Accurate
Series II Laser Cannon; Range 9, BAS 16.12, Accurate, Double Damage
Warlord Lance; Range 18, BAS 5.77, Guided, Accurate, Double Damage

Correction: All their ships came in overweight. And overgunned. Even if I cleared out the tech levels.

MRCAcct wrote:

Actually, I don't know if the conversions work out really good. The Kussians are horribly 'overweight' - and some of their weapons converted really overpowered:

Rapid Fire Pulse Laser; Range 9, BAS 18.54, Accurate
Series II Laser Cannon; Range 9, BAS 16.12, Accurate, Double Damage
Warlord Lance; Range 18, BAS 5.77, Guided, Accurate, Double Damage

Correction: All their ships came in overweight. And overgunned. Even if I cleared out the tech levels.

Some of it is down to the combined range based traits, using the factors from the Starmada Rules Annex can bump up the BAS quite a bit as you have found.
Take the Rapid Fire Pulse Laser for example, if the range based traits were to be applied separately (or reworked/updated) it could look like:
Rapid Fire Pulse Laser Range 9 BAS 6.04 (2.99 x 1.08 x 1.87 [for "Scatter" twice]) Accurate Scatter.
A fair bit less in weight and not quite so overpowering.
No doubt Dan and Jay will look at this.

Paul