Topic: The Third Wave

Finally, after a few months, here it is: the first original, pen-and-paper-designed, Nova Edition supplement by yours truly.

This setting focuses on a human colony that, unable to escape its star going nova because hyperspace travel has become impossible, decides to travel STL to a nearby star system, which is unfortunately already inhabited...

Four powers in this supplement: the United Conclave of Humanity, the Vrushan Dominion, Zethirn Alliance and Molanar Union.

Depending upon interest, I might release a second supplement in this setting...

I should mention I used OldnGrey's shipyard to do the tedious work of typing out, and the ORat, DRat and CRat were either the same as mine, or pretty close to it, which means either we're both right, or both wrong in the same way...:)

I have deleted the initial version of the supplement--the second one has the correct version of the Athir below

Re: The Third Wave

Did you keep a note as to which ships were "pretty close" and where they differed?
I may be getting paranoid.

Paul

Oh, no, don't worry--a couple of ships were within .2 of the ORat, and the DRat and CRat were always consistent, with the majority being the same as what I calc'd. I'd hazard a guess that the .2 difference was entirely due to rounding differences. I'm sorry, I should have been clearer in my post... :oops:

Just one bit of errata--for most of the Zethirn Alliance, the EM coil guns have the correct range, but for some reason the Athir has a range of 6 in mode 2, when it should be 3. A corrected version of the supplement with the correct range of the Athir's EM coil guns will be up as soon as possible--in the meantime, here is the Athir with range corrected.

(49) Athir -class Zethirn Alliance Patrol Ship (-1 in tech)
Armor: 1 *
Hull: 2 1 * 1 * 1
Thrust: 4 3 2 1 1
Shields: 0 0 0 0 0
ECM: 0 0 0 0 0
Weapons: 0 1 2 3 4
[V]: EM Coil Gun (Skr/Acr) / [TR] / 2-4-6 / AD: 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
Mode2 (Pnp) / 1-2-3 / AD: 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
[W]: EM Coil Gun (Skr/Acr) / [PH2][SH2] / 2-4-6 / AD: 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
Mode2 (Pnp) / 1-2-3 / AD: 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
Specials: Marines (2 1), Shuttlecraft (1)

Here is a version of The Third Wave with corrected Athir