Topic: Kayeshi Empire

The Kayeshi Empire is a human empire founded originally 345 years ago by Alyssa Kayesh. I started as an earth colony, which was the result of a poorly calculated hyperspace jump, and a solar storm. The colony ship ended up lightyears past the target they had aimed for, and the ship was damaged on arrival, which stranded the colonists. The colonists made for the nearest inhabitable planet (of which there are two in this system) and started a colony. Unfortunately, one of the local parasites took a liking to the new arrivals, and the population started dying. At that time, Alyssa Kayesh was the ships doctor, and she immediately started working on an antibody to stop the parasites. Of the nearly 6000 colonists that had been onboard, approximately 1000 died before she finished.

Alyssa became convinced that the current leadership was part of the problem, and hid the cure.... only doling it out to those who swore absolute loyalty to her. In the end, another 400 refused and died......alongside the original colony leadership. Which Alyssa had already decided to allow to die. She then began to re-organize the colonie. She set up artificial breeding equipment, that basically allowed each couple to have 6 - 8 children at a time. Each couple would donate genetic material, and it would be combined and used to create large "batches" of children. The end result was a total of 800,000 people within 35 years. From there, she began building a militant society, where everyone has a preset place and job. Everyone works, or faces punishment. As she was dying, she named one of her daughters as the new Empress of the Kayeshi Empire.

The society has spent the last 3 centuries building up a a military force and preparing to create a larger empire. During this time, they colonized the second planet in their own system, and started branching out.  They soon discovered another race that lived in a nearby star system, and in the now typical Kayeshi fashion, proceeded to conquer it. This new civilization was somewhat more advanced in a lot of technologies, but unfortunately for them, the Kayeshi weren't all too interested in trade. Had the Kayeshi actually considered a peaceful means of negotiation, they would have had a chance to learn........ instead, they decided that the other people had nothing to offer, and spent nearly a decade destroying all of them that they could find. During this war, the Kayeshi managed to back-engineer some of their opponents weapons, giving them a +1 tech level in that category. However, their rigid government and belief system, does not allow them to integrate new tactics or ideas very easily. Hence, they have never discovered stealth generators or cloaking devices. ECM is limited to lighter ships, usually Hull 6 or less, and they have not developed spinal mounts. They prefer to use Torpedoes (drones) Tachyon Accelerator Cannons, and Fusion Shell Cannons.  Recent encounters with the Slyth'Kra have convinced them of the use of fighters, and anti-fighter, Gatling Lasers.  However, as these are somewhat new developments, they only use standard fighters, and even with a high rate of fires, the Gatling Lasers do not have the repeating ability (thier fire control systems aren't quite that advanced) They also have never developed boarding pods with marines, as why would anyone want to capture inferior technology?

Currently, they are working on expanding their sphere of influence, and at war with the Slyth'Kra.

::ship designs will be added later, as I am at work, and can't enter them from here::
(any comments on this are welcome)

To be continued

Re: Kayeshi Empire

Unfortunately, due to a number of changes in my personal life.... I haven't the time to actually get these built. The only place I get to post from is work,  and I don't have time to put my notes into Drake Notation.

Until I get more time to get things done, I am going to put this project on hold, and will publish the designs, along with pics of the figs when I get a chance.

Thanks Much
John

If you can cut and paste the ship diagrams into a Word document and add your fluff piece, send it to me and I'll PDF it for you.  I can even post it here for you afterwards, in this thread.  Take a look at the PDFs in my three threads in this forum, and see if it's something that appeals to you.

HTH,
jav98

I'll see what I can do..... the biggest 2 drains on my time are work, which is requiring a lot of overtime right now, and the fact that my fiance' and I are now expecting.

Making for an interesting time.......LOL

John

Nahuris wrote:

I don't have time to put my notes into Drake Notation.

That's not a requirement to submit.

Just get them submitted, without designs it'll be hard to justify your winning submission to the academy smile

If you can't get them into the required format, either I or someone else, I'm sure can help

For the record, Drake notation is only one of the options for submission.  They will be normalized once the deadline arrives (next weekend, IIRC.

Just want to apologize to everyone for sort of dropping off the earth..... I have been putting in 12 - 14 hour days at work, and my fiance' is having a really hard time with this pregnancy.

We have found that she can only eat the following foods, and no more than a quarter cup of food at a time.

Strawberries
mashed potatoes
pirogies
tortilla shells (plain)
plain pasta
rice pudding
baked potatoe
breaded fish sticks

I will be back as soon as my life calms down a bit. But for now, the real world is definitely intruding on my galaxy.......LOL

John