Topic: Terran Federation Navy Ships

Hi all,

I posted my ship designs here.  I used the downloadable spreadsheet to design them, and I'm not sure how to best post them here:
http://stevegibsongames.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/terran-federation-2nd-generation-refits.pdf

I intended the ships to be more beginner ships, with standard movement, defenses, and weapons.  I kept the firing arcs very simple, keeping weapon traits to a minimum.  They are probably slightly more complicated than an ideal beginner fleet because most ships use missile banks (seekers.)

Steve Gibson
Fairfax, VA

Re: Terran Federation Navy Ships

Is it from a particular universe?

Marc

Re: Terran Federation Navy Ships

I designed them to be generic ships, with fairly conventional weapons, speed, and defenses.  I also made the weapons as easy to run as a new player as possible (I used only FX and TR for the basic weapons, and FR for the spinal mounts)

I guess the only limiting factors are the ships with spinal mounts, which are cool but wouldn't 'look right' for every miniature.  I started spaceship gaming with Full Thrust, so all of the human GZG minis would work.

The ships I actually fly with these designs are Kzinti ships from the Star Fleet Starline 2400 series. I think they just look cool, and they're not as iconic as the Federation and Klingons (which also look cool, but are less 'generic' because of everyone's impressions of how they fight based on the TV shows and movies.

Steve Gibson
Fairfax, VA