Topic: Start of a concept

Just the start of an idea I've had for a setting. The basics ships of the first race I worked on. Any thoughts, comments?

Re: Start of a concept

The "super dreadnought" is way too big for my tastes, but to each his own. smile

I'm interested to see the Terrans' adversaries.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

The "super dreadnought" is way too big for my tastes, but to each his own.

Maybe a little big, but they fit with the background (still working on it). Basically humans are split into two camps; the very militaristic Enclave and the Colonial Forces who opposed the unilateral rule of the Enclave. Got a few small alien races that have banded together (sorta like a Leauge of Non-Aligned Worlds, only they got together to protect themselves from the 'strange' Humans who were bent on wrecking up the neighbourhood).

Also got a marauding AI race and high-tech extra-galactic invaders.

Just got to get it all in between school now.

I agree with daniel, I really wonder what kind of game could fit a SDN. With such a cost, the opposing fleet, if deploying cheaper ships (of the cruiser size, say 200 to 300 points) will be enormous. Ie, it could take a lot of time just to play it... but each time a SDN shoots means many enemy ships destroyed!
Other than that, I'm more on the easy designs, I prefer the 'one battery per weapon type' for example, but I understand your designs and why you did them that way.

Marc

Oh, the Orion CA lacks the thrust, weapon, shield and ECM ratings.

Marc

The shields on these ships have letters.  Do the letters correspond to the Shield Level?  Is this the translation?
b=2
c=3
d=4
e=5
f=6

If so, the Super dreadnought is well shielded.

Cheers

BeowulfJB wrote:

The shields on these ships have letters.  Do the letters correspond to the Shield Level?  Is this the translation?
b=2
c=3
d=4
e=5
f=6

If so, the Super dreadnought is well shielded.

Cheers

It would appear so.
OK everone, guess who does not have OnGsheet1.ttf font installed. smile
The letters would have been dice.

Paul

I've revamped the Super-Dreadnought. Didn't realize I'd built it at a +1 Tech. It's now:

CRAT 1647
Hull 38, Armor 19, Thrust 2, ECM 1, Shield 3.
Spinal Particle Cannon 2xFR, 1xFPR, 1xFSR, (BAS 1.3, Rng 24, Triple Dmg, Slow)
Triple Heavy Particle Cannon 4xFF, 3xFP. 3xFS, 2xAP, 2xAS, (BAS 3.17, Rng 15, Double Damage, Slow)
Twin Heavy Laser Cannon 3xFF, 2xFP. 2xFS, (BAS 3.81, Rng 18, Piercing, Slow)
Long Range Anti-Ship Torpedo 3xFF, 2xFP. 2xFS, 1xAP, 1xAS, (BAS 1.5, Rng 24, Guided, Seeker)
Phalanx CIWS 3xTT, 3xTT, 3xTT, 3xTT, 3xTT, (BAS 2.25, Rng 3, Pinpoint)

Directional Defense (FF), Fire Control, Reinforced Systems, Marines 12, Fighters 4

madpax wrote:

Oh, the Orion CA lacks the thrust, weapon, shield and ECM ratings.

Drat. Should be Thrust 4, ECM 1, Shields 4